Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stupid hood latch...

Rice Patrol verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Angry stupid hood latch...

So yea, I've been sloooowly getting my car put back together checked everything on the damn car to make sure nothing else has an issue.

From doing all this work...my arms are killing me, my neck hurts, my back hurts, and most of all, the back of my head hurts from the stupid ass hood latch hook thing...

has anyone else put their plenum on, went to stand up and smack their head on that hook / latch?

grrrrr that shit hurt like hell....I have a nice sized knot on the back of my skull from that thing...I ALMOST punched my fender and just hit my brother instead...lol

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah i hate that, the lift at the shop is usually what gets, i'll drop a bolt and go to stand up and headbutt the arm of the lift. Not a feeling that i like having thats for sure.

Congrats on getting the car back together, how much more until it starts?

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah, it f'ing sucks. Royal pain in the ass, haha.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Rice Patrol verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    Yeah i hate that, the lift at the shop is usually what gets, i'll drop a bolt and go to stand up and headbutt the arm of the lift. Not a feeling that i like having thats for sure.

Congrats on getting the car back together, how much more until it starts?
    I have to convert it to a single CAS, fill it with oil and coolant, then that's pretty much it...I just got really frustrated and had to come inside. I am still waiting on the guy that is trading cars with me to get the exhaust done on the new car...can't wait.

Better than that "other" place Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Are you kidding me? I was working right under one of the corners where the hood meets the headlight. I stood up really quick and nailed my head on it. Blood started pouring down my face and I had to hold my head back to prevent the blood from dripping all over the floor... but it didn't matter. It dripped down my chin and onto whatever was below it.

When I had the wound all gauzed up, I checked the spot on my hood only to see the paint chipped off around the edge that I hit my head on.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Rice Patrol verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x2xtreme360 View Post
    Are you kidding me? I was working right under one of the corners where the hood meets the headlight. I stood up really quick and nailed my head on it. Blood started pouring down my face and I had to hold my head back to prevent the blood from dripping all over the floor... but it didn't matter. It dripped down my chin and onto whatever was below it.

When I had the wound all gauzed up, I checked the spot on my hood only to see the paint chipped off around the edge that I hit my head on.

damn dude...lol...you must have one hard ass head to chip the paint off...haha

I didn't bleed but it sure as hell felt like it.

Better than that "other" place Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
    damn dude...lol...you must have one hard ass head to chip the paint off...haha

I didn't bleed but it sure as hell felt like it.
    I think the worst part about it was that when I hit it, I could hear that sort of "chipping" sound like when you crinkle a flake of pain between your fingers. I knew that I hit my hood pretty damn hard at that point... the pain inflicted kind of told that too but, you know.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x2xtreme360 View Post

That really must have sucked, i have hit my head pretty good a few times, but never drawn blood once, OUCH

Rice Patrol verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I got the rear head off again...lol...and yep...sure enough, I did it again. Same exact spot to...now my head hurts like hell.

-Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've had the lift arms jump out and crack me in the head. That's the worst, thinking your clear and taking an arm to the top of the head.