Thread: any ohio guys seen dragway 42? to see how it is coming

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

any ohio guys seen dragway 42? to see how it is coming

It has been delayed for weather but just wondering if a Ohio guy has been there to see how it is coming,, its all concrete and 4000 Ft long, it will have the first 800 Ft temperature controlled,, its completely redone along with changing direction ..sure hope it gets open before cold weather, a bunch of my hemi and corvette friends are dying to try it out

Under Pressure Not Verified Feedback Score 0 JohnnyTurbo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    D42 is about 20 miles south of me and last August I went by there on the way to a car show expecting to see an overgrown deserted track. What a surprise I had when I saw all of the construction. They reversed the track direction and the starting line is about 40 foot below the grade of the former end of track surface grade. There is still no concrete track surface poured as of March 2016, but local news sources say that will happen around the end of April. A ton of money was dumped into re-sculpturing the track property and all the supporting drainage system that had to be installed. The old track would weep water when the water table was at its high point. The opening of the track is a year past due and local rumors are that the new owner ran out of money before the project was completed. It seems now that things get done as funds become available to him. The owner of D42 owns a successful plastics factory in Elyria and has been a long time dragracer. No doubt he will see his venture come to completion, the time frame though, seems to be up for grabs.
    1996 3000GT VR4 Pearl White - Wallpaper Shots in My Garage Featured car for Dec. 2012 & #5 vote getter for 2014 in the 3S Calendar
    1993 3000GT VR4 Red - Up for sale. Stock drivetrain and lowered on 19's
    1992 Stealth R/T Red automatic
    1992 Stealth RT TT project - short block is back from Ray's, only need one turbo and a large can of motivation.
    1991 3000GT VR4 Mystic Blue. Second gen converted, 16Gs, lowered & rollin' on 19's - sold to step-son
    CarDomain Page

[IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6443/3sisigbanner002450x.jpg[IMG]

Owner Since

Thanks
    Dragway 42 is now being paved,, should be good to go next spring.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I may have to check that out. I have not been there for years.

Clay
    93 VR4, Fabbrege baffled oil pan and cooler, ips street heads, 99 lifters, Fidanza Adj cam gears,VAC delete, TB overbore, south bend stage 2 clutch, Alamo side mounts, HKS SSQ BOV, new transfer case, unknown injectors, Parallel 6an fuel system, Fuel lab FPR, Walbro 255 fuel pump, fabberge no maf intake pipes, old 13g turbos, AEM EMS 2, Merkel stage 2 block, Ips test pipe, Tanabe Medalion Touring cat back.

Owner Since

Thanks
    The paving is done, only need to put in stands, should be a great track next spring.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 sluti85's Avatar
    Owner Since
    april 2015

Thanks
    I ran autocross there all summer n they did alot of test n tune and had couple major drag events there also. There parking lot is setup like a changeable road course than open parkinlot like some autox . Some events i was hittin 85 in the main strait .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk