Thread: Cars & Coasters - Sept. 12th & 13th 2015 - Sandusky, OH

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks

Cars & Coasters - Sept. 12th & 13th 2015 - Sandusky, OH

Mark your calendars guys and gals!! The 4th Annual 3/S Cars & Coasters will be held in Sandusky Sept. 12 and 13th, 2015! Come out and join us for this fun filled 2-day event!

When
    : Sept. 12th and 13th, 2015

Where
    : Cedar Point/Sandusky, Ohio.

Facebook page for the event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/381324435394908/

Here is a tentative schedule for the weekend:

Saturday, Sept. 12th

10:30 am: Meet up in the Meijer parking lot on Milan road. We'll park near the back, closest to the street.

11:00 am: Head over to downtown Sandusky to check out the Cruisin' by the Bay car show.

1:30 pm: Lunch at the Dockside Cafe near downtown Sandusky. The cafe is right on the lake.

2:30 pm: We will go on a short cruise around the Lakeside/Marblehead area, with possibly a stop at Marblehead Lighthouse. We will make a stop along the way for a photo-op of the cars/group.

After that we will probably head over to Island Adventures for some mini golf and go-karts.

When we're done we will head back to Sandusky to get our tents set up at the campground. We will be staying at Crystal Rock Campground. If you prefer not to camp, there are many hotels to choose from in Sandusky.

7:00 pm: Meet up for dinner at (TBD)

We'll have a campfire back at the campground when we get back. Bring your snacks and beverages of choice, I will bring stuff to make popcorn and smores.

Sunday, Sept. 13th:

10:00 am: Meet up at Meijer on Milan Rd.

10:15 am: Caravan over to Cedar Point for some kick-ass coasters! CP's hours are 11-8 that day.

Please post up if you'd like to join us!

:: Hers :: Pearl White '91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT ::
    :: His :: Black '92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT ::
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51937543@N08/sets

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    For anyone attending both days and staying the night Saturday, we be camping out at Crystal Rock Campground .

If you wish to stay at the campground with us, please post up and let me know. I will be calling and having them block off a few campsites for us.
    Campsites are $30/night, but they allow two tents per site - if we split, the cost should be around $15-20 per tent.

If you don't like tent camping or don't have a tent, they also have rustic cabins at the rate of $60-70/night. If you would like this option, please call and make a reservation with the campground.

If you prefer not to stay at the campground, there are numerous hotels in the Sandusky area to choose from.

After dinner on Saturday, we will head back to the campground and hang out around the campfire. I will bring stuff to make popcorn and smores. They also have a game room with ping pong/air hockey/pool table/video games (although I'm not sure it will still be open by the time we get back.)

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Less than a month away now!!

I usually get people asking about Cedar Point tickets for Sunday, usually whether or not we do a group buy. We don't do a group buy, but there are a few options for discounted tickets. Prices at the gate are $61.99.

Here are a few of the options that I know of:

Cedar Point sells passes on their website cheaper than at the gate, and sometimes they run great deals and specials. Currently, they are selling one day tickets for 49.99, and Ride and Refresh tickets (with unlimited fountain drink wristbands) for $54.99. Check here for ticket options and prices: https://www.cedarpoint.com/ticket-ca...Daily-Tickets#

Meijer and Discount Drug stores sell passes for $49.99 at their stores. We will be meeting up at Meijer before we head to the park, so you can stop in and purchase one if you need to.

If you are a AAA member, they have tickets for $48 and Ride and Refresh tickets for $50.99 (must be purchased at AAA office, Cedar Point will not offer AAA discount at their gate)

If you know of any other discounts, please post up!
    Last edited by foxystealth; 08-18-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just some reminders for anyone coming out this weekend:

I you plan on coming out Saturday or Sunday, but can't meet up with us in the morning at the time we leave (see schedule at top of page), feel free to send me a pm, and I can give you my phone number so you can call/text to find out where to meet up with us.

If you plan on coming back to the campground with us Saturday night to hang out around the campfire, don't forget to bring a camp chair and any snacks/beverages you want. Guests are allowed until 11:00 PM (not sure how strict the owners are with that policy)

If you are staying for Cedar Point on Sunday, we will probably leave the park mid-way through the day to come back out to the cars to eat lunch. We can either eat in parking lot by the cars or they also have a pavilion with picnic tables. Bring a camp chair and any food and drink you want.

That's all I can think of right now. Weather is looking to be dry so far, it should be an awesome weekend!!