Thread: ECG 2016 Suggestions

Forum User Feedback Score 12 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks

ECG 2016 Suggestions

Lets here some new suggestions on what you want to see or do during ECG 2016. I'll post something up on the ECG facebook page as well to see if we can get some fresh ideas. What people thought about having it during cruise week. What people think we can improve on, etc. Lets here it. Don't be shy

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) toddrs93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Definitely better location. If its going to be cruise week it should be out on the main strip.

I think something to think about, is that should it be opened up a little more to other cars. Kind of keep the 3/S front and center, but also advertise to other makes on other forums to attract a nice showing and help financially as well as get to know some others and meet people and get them interested in the cars, that's what its all about. I mean lets be honest, its getting harder and harder to attract a lot of 3/S cars, and the ownership is only getting smaller. Why not bring some other imports into the mix for the gathering.

Owner Since

Thanks
    any updates here,
    if we are going on cruise week again we need to get going now to have better locations

Man vs 3/S verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) R/T93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Do it in Seattle.
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to R/T93 For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    12-22-98

Thanks
    Spring Cruise is certainly the best week for this IMO .. Over 3000 cars expected to attend and we have had a absolute ball the few times we mixed this up so .. The dates are May 19-22 2016

https://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin-ocean-city

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Spring Cruise is certainly the best week for this IMO .. Over 3000 cars expected to attend and we have had a absolute ball the few times we mixed this up so .. The dates are May 19-22 2016

https://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin-ocean-city
    This event is open to Rods, Customs and Classics 1976 and earlier.
    I was thinking about attending, but if it's going to be on a weekend with 3000 other cars, most of whom will hate on an import, I don't think it's worth the drive from Florida.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Now, I have only been to one ECG and it was like 9 years ago, and I didn't even take my car. I highly doubt I'd be attending anyway, but my opinion is doing it during cruise week is INSANE!

Hotel rates won't be as good, finding places to park, eat, etc will be a hassle, etc.

Sure, there might be more to do and see, but all the trouble that comes with that doesn't make it worth it in my opinion.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Now, I have only been to one ECG and it was like 9 years ago, and I didn't even take my car. I highly doubt I'd be attending anyway, but my opinion is doing it during cruise week is INSANE!

Hotel rates won't be as good, finding places to park, eat, etc will be a hassle, etc.

Sure, there might be more to do and see, but all the trouble that comes with that doesn't make it worth it in my opinion.
    All good points, however I can say this as I have attended probably 12+ years of the ECG, and that is that the more people there was, the more fun everybody had.

Yes cruising weekend is packed and the prices are higher, but the weather is nicer and all attractions are open.
    It is the beach after all, and a major tourist attraction, not just a park to go have a car show. I think that's what most people forget. There's no point in going if you are not going to treat it as a vacation and enjoy things other than just looking at the cars.

When we always had it in early May, most of the time the weather was cold, a lot of places were not open. Wait till cruising weekend and you can actually use the beach for what it is intended for, its warm, and everything is open.

Also for a true car enthusiast the weekend is a rare opportunity to see all kinds of rare and crazy cars that you may never see again.

For those who want to stay in a small corner with only 3/S owners, this probably just isn't a gathering for them to attend.

In the end it should probably be put to a vote. Perhaps we can do a poll on here and on facebook.

drives with Drivers' gloves. Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

ECG 2016 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post

Definitely agree with this!

F*ck all the other people and cars. The only thing that should matter is 3S's. And that is why it's horrible to hold the event during cruise week. You cannot even cruise, more like stop and go traffic, everywhere. If I wanted stop and go traffic I could go to work, I wouldn't want to do it on my vacation in OC.

If it's held during this week again. I'm at about 5% for actually showing up with my car. It's just not worth it to (idle) next to a bunch of fuck tards with non 3Ss. I've only missed like a year since 2003, might be year #2 I guess. Probably a better choice to just toss the money I would have spent on a room, etc into more parts for the vr4 and have a real 3S vacation in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwheel View Post
    Definitely agree with this!

F*ck all the other people and cars. The only thing that should matter is 3S's. And that is why it's horrible to hold the event during cruise week. You cannot even cruise, more like stop and go traffic, everywhere. If I wanted stop and go traffic I could go to work, I wouldn't want to do it on my vacation in OC.

If it's held during this week again. I'm at about 5% for actually showing up with my car. It's just not worth it to (idle) next to a bunch of fuck tards with non 3Ss. I've only missed like a year since 2003, might be year #2 I guess. Probably a better choice to just toss the money I would have spent on a room, etc into more parts for the vr4 and have a real 3S vacation in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Found out some interesting info that will drastically change the landscape at the cruising event this year. The town recognized the problem and has banned trailers from parking on the streets unless you pay for a $50 permit. The kicker is you are only eligible for that permit if you are actually registered to be in the big show, which only accepts vehicles 1976 and older. Anyone else who brings in a trailer must park in a private lot or take it outside of town in the park n ride. That will probably cut down a lot of traffic.
    http://mdcoastdispatch.com/2015/09/1...-fee-for-some/