Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Widebody VR4 Build

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    So Last night I did a thing. I'll have to clean up the back seats some more...
    Attachment 8003
    What that "thing" done in anger? lol

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    What that "thing" done in anger? lol
    haha, nope. I cut through the vertical, and the diagonal part of the window fine, and I couldn't get it through the bottom part. I thought that if I pulled gently and strategically, the glass would crack or give a warning before shattering.

I was wrong.

So now I have some more clean up to do. I taped up the other window and ripped it out more aggressively, but because it was taped it didn't get glass everywhere.

Cleanup, stealth sails, and wiring are the first things on the agenda. Then it will be time to start transferring parts from the other car. I am going to get it driveable first, then tear it back apart and do the exterior. Interior is sort of simultaneously happening all of the time throughout this project. I want to keep it gutted enough that it will be easy to trace issues on first startup.
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Yeah. I am working back to front. It goes somewhere under the dash on the passenger side. I admit, I didn't investigate into it too much.

Also, turns out my car was wired for a car phone from the factory. Who woulda thunk it?!
    what extra wiring went into a car phone? i was replacing some interior panels and noticed i had 2 antenna wires one going to the rear obviously radio and another going up into the head liner??kinda through me off a little

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well, I'm not 100% that my car was wired for a car phone, but drivers side, just behind the rear seat, there is a harness for the 6 disc changer from the factory. I also have 2 or 3 additional plugs, one of which is a phone jack... so I can only assume it was wired for a car phone. It's long gone by now.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Not many pics, but a big update.

I have still been working at cleaning up the wiring. The two door harnesses and the 5 ECU wires are all that's left... it's looking great. I don't think my car had a factory alarm, but that's a good thing... less stuff to go wrong!

I re did the drivers side door harness only to realize 2 things.
    1. I don't have a grommet for the wires coming through the... frame? Or is it considered just the body? Either way no grommet. I'll use the ones from my other car.
    2. The plug I wired up is cracked and missing the little lock lever thing.

SO facepalm on me. But here was the end result anyhow.

At least I'm doing it the right way, right? I'll have to cut it off, and use the plugs from the other car. This one used to have lambo doors and these crazy long extensions. Wires were routed wrong and everything was crimped. Some wires had even come out... I doubt much worked correctly at all haha. All should be well after I'm done with it. All stock!

And the big news is that I found a nearly full black interior... INCLUDING the super rare stealth pieces I needed!! One has a ~4 inch crack in it, but beggars can't be choosers. There were only ~360 '96 stealths made total... I don't know how many of those has black upper sections, but I can guarantee they are rare. And I got them for a decent deal too which makes it all that much better. I'll take pics eventually of it... probably after it's installed. I still need some clean door panels, so if anyone has a lead on black door panels, I am looking for some!

I have been super busy at work, and it won't let up anytime soon. Hopefully I can still find some energy to get on this thing when I get home. Sometimes I can't deal with the frustration of how botched some of this stuff is.

Let's hear an opinion... what color should I paint my engine bay? It is a darkish gray, like the LP640 gray right now... might look ok with blue. I kinda want to go with flat black though...

After the wiring comes the interior. After the interior comes the engine... so the engine bay needs to be the correct color.
    Last edited by futurevr4man; 10-13-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Looks good ginger

What color do you want to paint the car?

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Getting the grim stuff out of the way will sure pay off later, Gnate.

Going flat under the hood would be a good way to set off the shiny bits, but flat might be vulnerable to the various things that can go on in the engine bay.

If a paint-guy can ensure a flat finish would be impervious to automotive fluids, then...
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Looks good ginger

What color do you want to paint the car?
    I'm leaning towards blue. Like a nice deep cobalt blue.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Getting the grim stuff out of the way will sure pay off later, Gnate.

Going flat under the hood would be a good way to set off the shiny bits, but flat might be vulnerable to the various things that can go on in the engine bay.

If a paint-guy can ensure a flat finish would be impervious to automotive fluids, then...
    I would paint it myself. I may just leave it gray, and get some touchup paint.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I'm leaning towards blue. Like a nice deep cobalt blue.
    I'd think about a slightly darker blue in the bay then

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    the semi gloss black holds up pretty nice and still looks good

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace