Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my Twin Turbo Stealth .... AGAIN! :)

Just bought my Twin Turbo Stealth .... AGAIN! :)

Sorry I couldn't figure out exactly where this needed to go SO I thought I would just post here and ask if a Admin/Mod would kindly move it where it's should be!

Just sayin, Hi! again:

Well, I am kind of excited as I bought my '94 Dodge Stealth R/T TT w/ 6 speed back. (STILL unmolested!! and with less than 100 miles put on it since I sold it 2 years ago!!)

Back in the fall of '05 I blew up my Stealth's engine messing around ... (I'll leave it at that)
    Now I wasn't TOO upset as I had just replace the Stealth with my new baby ... A '06 Saleen Superchared Convertible Mustang ....
    Our Stealth sits for 3 years, almost exactly how I towed it into our garage.
    Then one summer day I had had enough and knew this car need to get back on the road... So, I sold it back 2 years ago to a young friend. With in a few days he finds a COMPLTETE stock twin turbo engine out of a wrecked car, paid to have a shop install the 'new' engine. He is one happy camper because he is the proud owner of a complete turn key '94 Stealth R/T TT completely stock.
    The VERY next day I get a call from him .... He blew up the engine!! (seems he missed a few shifts while punching out in it and one thing lead to another next thing you know he has a rod sticking through the block. (He's NOT happy NOW!)

So the car sits again ... this time in a hanger ... For 2 more years ...

This summer I'm having a few beers with the guy and I ask IF he still has my old Stealth? He gives me 'the look'! I ask if he wanted to sell it? He tells me he will sale it back to me for what I sold it to him for ... BUT I get all the new parts he has with it. (new block, new crank, new rods, new pistons, new bearings, new gasket kit, (all unassymbeled) 2 more stock turbos, and 2 complete intake to oil pan, but windowed, engines)

When I get the title, I see the car is STILL in my name!! I asked him about it, and he just laughed and said, "Hey, I blew it up before I made it to DMV!"

Engine parts are at the shop getting assymbled and back in the car right now! (look like it'll be a few weeks but that's fine!)

Funniest thing is, I just went out to the shed and found my studded winter tires and rims ... I knew I was saving those for a reason!

The Stealth will NOT stay unmolested this time around ... A friend has a '07 WRX STi with CAI, down pipe, boost controller, and Cobb tuner .... Can't let the scooby have ALL the fun this winter!!
    Last edited by Back-to-Doo; 10-13-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Nice but.....No pics?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Sorry, No pics ... TOO DUSTY!! lol
    Besides, everyone knows what a stock '94 Stealth looks like!!
    Even a one with a windowed engine ...

Ok ok Here's a pic of of something you DON'T see everyday around here:

My wife's summer ride: 06 convertible Mustang, My Baby!, My wife's baby: Original 67 Mustang GTA. It just came from the paint shop and the grill isn't installed. (she doesn't even let me drive it!! I have to 'sneak' it out while she is at work and I have the day off!! I have only been busted twice over the years!!)

Last edited by Back-to-Doo; 10-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Hahahaha,

Well this is a nice collection of mustangs!

Still gotta see pics of the 94 regardless.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Cool story.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Looks like you're into convertibles. You should of held out for a spyder.

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    Nobody likes Rustangs. Post up the TT or die!

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Cool story....Way to rock it in winter

Owner Since
    12-22-98

Thanks
    Sounds like you two were meant to be together !!! Best of luck with the rebuild and getting her back on the street ...

Thanks guys! We will have a little bit different attitude about the ol Stealth this time around. Before it was a daily driver ... This time around it'll be my TOY and I want to make it FUN! Mostly a winter toy but a toy all the same!!
    Main goal is to get it up to speed to keep pace with the healthy '07 STi, so I'll be asking about some performance upgrades, as in what works and what doesn't, BUT it MUST stay reliable! ( Yea, I know, I know! I've already owned it AND that was one of the main drivers to keeping it stock the first time around. )