Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best fuel system cleaner ever! - AMSOIL P.I.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks

Thumbs up Best fuel system cleaner ever! - AMSOIL P.I.

So I've used this stuff twice and I am VERY happy with the results. Granted some of you may not care about MPG and I'm not sure if it actually improves performance because all I have is a butt dyno. (Why isn't dyno in my Chrome spell check dictionary!!). This stuff runs about $14 a bottle around here and I think its worth it. It says on the directions to put it in a full tank and use within ten days IIRC.

I was getting 18mpg in my mostly stock VR4 before I used this stuff...After I was getting 22! Thats a 4mpg increase! I couldn't believe it....My mechanic swore by it but I almost didn't buy it because of the price. Glad I did.

I just used it again in my 93 Blazer 4.3 Vortec and before I was getting 13mpg...I am now getting 18.7mpg.

In both instances I drove about the same and it was all used up in a week driving about the same roads everyday to work. So I know its not due to driving nicer.

Ive used other fuel system cleaners and never saw an improvement in MPG. I think its because its not concentrated enough or is too weak. I know there are Toyota techs that swear by this concentrate that Toyota makes but I ended up trying this stuff first.

This stuff ROCKS. I suggest anyone looking to improve mpg or just to clean your system to use this stuff. It is highly recommended.

Anyone else have any experience with this stuff?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to terrets For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Day

Seriously, you guys have to try this stuff out

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Amsoil makes AWESOME products. It isn't surprising that this stuff is that great honestly. You should check out their 10w30 (25,000 mile) oil. Thats what I use in my VR-4, the oil still has an amber/gold color after 9,000 miles (thats where I change it in my VR-4).

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    I gotta try this out!!! I just bought an 06 ranger on monday and Gas mileage is poo.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    WOO! Comments

You wont be disappointed Atrosity....

Hows does the oil feel after 9k miles blindmist? Is it synthetic? Whats your oil pressure like with 10w30?

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    WOO! Comments

You wont be disappointed Atrosity....

Hows does the oil feel after 9k miles blindmist? Is it synthetic? Whats your oil pressure like with 10w30?

Synth, I dont think amsoil makes dino oil. Oil pressure was perfectly in the middle on my stock gauge, although it doesn't work now after yesterday. Thats the next item on the list. I know I have pressure for sure, so I know my gauge just died. It felt like silk. You could probably actually run it to 12,000 or 15,000 miles, but its not a bad price, so I just change it at 9,000 with a Purlator PureONE.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hmmm it doesnt hurt to try. I'll see if there's one here locally. I do get about 25MPG on the TL anyway (combined) so Im curious to see what this might do.

'13 Evolution MR
    '12 Lancer Sportback

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I use AMSOils in my 3s (motor oil, rear diff, tranny, and transfer case). Have thought about using their other fluids for my 3s.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would be scared to run any oil for almost 10000 miles in my engine, especially if you beat on the car.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    I would be scared to run any oil for almost 10000 miles in my engine, especially if you beat on the car.
    Being that I put 3000 miles a summer if I am lucky plus I don't beat on my car, so if that was commented to me, I'm not too concerned.