Thread: 1995 3000gt vr4 $14900

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

SOLD -- 1995 3000gt vr4 $14900

1995 $ 14900

This is pretty much a copy of the "live" version of my for sale ad, which is located here: SOLD : 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (near Olympia, WA). That version is a little more nicely formatted than the forum post, and it's probably easier to read. The content (pictures, info) is the same, though. Any necessary updates to the ad will be made to that page and you can contact me by posting here, PMing me here, or e-mailing me via the link in the ad.

Thanks,
    --Erik

For Sale: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (near Olympia, WA)

Please direct questions to Erik via posting, PM, or e-mail via clicking on the link in the ad on my website.

Intro

After much debate, I've decided to sell my '95 3000GT VR-4. I've thoroughly enjoyed owning/driving this car for the last 8 years, and my original plan was to keep it for many years to come. Changes in my personal priorities and a lack of more garage space are the reason I'm selling the car, and my original intent to keep the car for a very long time should be evident by the condition and extra preventative maintenance (details below). The car runs very well and I would have no qualms about using it as a daily driver (though I don't) or about taking it on long trips (which I have done). I've been over the car with a fine-tooth comb in the last few weeks trying to make sure I take care of any little issues (e.g. burnt-out interior light that didn't bother me) and note anything else of concern. The car has over $8500 of upgrades (included), but it still looks mostly stock when the hood is closed. Most of the upgrades fit into the reliability and handling areas, establishing a solid base from which to get more power. For those who don't know me, I'm really meticulous about doing things "right". Many people from the 3000GT/Stealth community have met me in person and have seen my car over the years, as I've been a member of that community since 1998 (back in the Starnet/Dragnet days) - during that time I've owned 3 different 3000GTs, and I pretty much know the current one like the back of my hand. My engine removal page is a good example of how I generally take care of things, and the engine reinstallation pictures page is a good example of the condition of the hidden parts of the engine bay. The engine is proven capable of well over 500bhp with a few additional upgrades, and it's probably in the neighborhood of 400-450bhp as currently configured. While a few areas would need some paint work if it were to be a show car, the majority of the paint is in beautiful condition. I frequently get looks of disbelief when I answer "1995" to the question of "What year car is that?" - most people who don't know that 1999 was the last model year for this car assume the car is a mid-2000 car. For folks not familiar with the 3000GT or the AWD version, this car is absolutely a blast to drive. The power delivery is smooth and the DR-500 turbos ensure it pulls all the way to redline. The AWD and the 275mm tires give you tremendous grip, regardless of whether it's wet or dry. The upgraded anti-sway bars significantly reduce body roll and improve handling, all without much compromise to ride quality. The car has never been lowered while in my possession (and I don't think the previous owners did so, either). As an added bonus, most of the last 8.5 years of history of the car have been documented on my website, complete with pictures. The direct URL to the site index is: Rubber Ducky Racing Site Map. Almost every picture of a white VR-4 on those pages is this car. Also, please note that the pictures shown on my website may or may not be representative of the current condition (especially upgraded parts), so please refer to the lists and pictures on this page to understand the current condition of the car and what parts are included with the sale.

<<< There is a whole lot more detail on my web page referenced above; please see that for more info and for lots of pictures >>>

Miscellaneous
    • Please direct questions to Erik via posting, PM, or e-mail via clicking on the link in the ad on my website.
    • VIN: JA3AN74KXSY015795
    • Asking Price: $14,900
    • Clean title in hand; ready for sale
    • The car is currently located in the Seattle/Tacoma area (closer to Olympia if you know the area), and I'm willing to be flexible on pickup/delivery options after the sale
    • Preferred method of payment is a Cashier's Check (Bank Check) for the full purchase amount; I'm also willing to go to a local bank with the title to complete the purchase if you elect to finance your purchase through your bank or credit union.
    • Vehicle is sold as-is with no warranty, though I've done my best to represent the car's features and condition in this page.
    • Buyer is responsible for pick-up and transportation of the vehicle and included accessories after purchase.
    • Scammers: don't bother. I'm not wiring money anywhere or accepting payments in excess of the purchase price to be reimbursed by me after the sale.
    Last edited by ErikGross; 01-24-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: updated title indicating that the car is now sold

Owner Since

Thanks
    oh, and one other thing... I'm in the "not verified" category on this forum due to the fact that I'm not comfortable sending sensitive documents (like a copy of my driver's license) unencrypted over the internet, let alone to people who I don't believe have a legitimate reason to possess such documents. However, that doesn't mean I'm out to scam anyone here. I do own this car, it's in the condition I say it's in, and numerous community members can vouch for this. I'm a verified seller on 3Si and several other forums that have existed for many years. I also have pictures of a personal car and a shop truck owned by two major 3/S shops sitting in my driveway, even though they are located in the Michigan and North Carolina and I'm in Washington state (yes, they came to my home in years past). If you have any concerns about my "unverified" status on this forum and are seriously interested in the car, I'll work with you to ensure that those concerns are addressed prior to any purchase/sale.

Owner Since

Thanks
    The car is now sold.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Will Rubber Ducky Racing Site Map still exist Erik????? That was like a Bible to me when I first bought my car!!!!! Best website around!
    Last edited by bslade; 01-26-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bslade View Post
    Will Rubber Ducky Racing Site Map still exist Erik????? That was like a Bible to me when I first bought my car!!!!! Best website around!
    Thanks :-), and yeah, the site should still exist, so long as Philip at SCE continues to be willing to host it. That's my plan, anyway. Probably a topic for another thread, though, as this one is supposed to be just for sale information...