Thread: Yet another keyless entry question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yet another keyless entry question

I apologize if this has been answered in the past, but I've done some searching and turned up nothing. Do all 1995 3000GT's have the keyless entry receiver built into the car? I was under the impression that they did, but I just talked to someone in the parts department of Kirkwood Mitsubishi and he told me that mine wasn't fitted with it. I guess I could just tear the interior apart and look for myself but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

If all of them do have it, anyone have suggestions as to where a good place to find the best priced remote would be? Looking at a 3SI thread it looks like the part I would need is: FCC ID# E4EG8DA.......OMRON G8D-281M-A.

If they weren't all outfitted with the receiver from the factory, would it be easier for me to just buy the receiver as well/is it plug and play? Or should I look into an aftermarket keyless entry (suggestions on where to go here?).

My car is a 1995 3000GT (base or SL, I'm honestly not sure which. Was told it was an SL when I bought it but it has cloth seats.) VIN JA3AM84J2SY025348

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Best option is to remove the rear drivers speaker and look for the receiver box. It will be a gray box with an antenna going up the side. If you have that box then you have keyless entry. Here is info on the remotes:

By DAVE57

For some 92 all 93,94,and some 95's Two button The numbers are: FCC ID# E4EG8DA.......OMRON G8D-281M-A As they use on EBAY The receiver for this is Part#MB920442

For some 95 and 97 all 96 Three button The numbers are: FCC ID# E4EG8DA.......OMRON G8D-282M-A As they use on EBAY The receiver for this is Part#MR318453 Note: The two remotes and or receivers above will work in either application

The 95 Spyder also uses the two-button remote with FCC ID# E4EG8DE......OMRON G8D-401M-A1

For some 97 all 98 and all 99 Three button FCC ID# E4EG8DL.......OMRON G8D-494M-A As they use on EBAY The receiver for this is Part#MR318470

These are claimed to work but do not work: OMRON G8D-404M-A Galant OMRON G8D-426M-A OMRON G8D-525M-A GQ43VT6T They also claim this is a 3000gt remote if it is it may be 99. To date I have not seen one car that has this #.
    Last edited by DrGonzo; 10-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I have a question....Would I be able to pull the receiver out of my 94 SL and install it in my 91 vr4?

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yes the wiring is all the same just the units are different. There is just a difference in the wiring into the stock alarm for the panic button.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGonzo For This Useful Post:

I took the interior panel out today and my car does not have the receiver in it. Do you guys think it would be easier/cheaper for me to buy a used one off ebay or something, hook it up myself (is this just plug and play?) and buy a remote to go with it or try and find an aftermarket one (suggestions?)? I see that the Viper 160 was recommended back in '05 but it looks like it has been discontinued since then.

Mike at Cherry Hill Mitsubishi helped me out finding some part numbers and prices for anyone else looking for this:
    Receiver - $240.67 w/ bracket #MB920442 (old) #MR318453 (new)
    Antenna – not available #MB921733
    Remote - $194.95 #MR207969 (this is what he told me for a 95 3000GT, it looks like it may actually be the one for 96+ as it is the 3-button one)
    Last edited by Dana; 10-14-2010 at 01:39 PM.

JNS Engineering verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    From 3SI Wiki for a 95 VR4

Last edited by Jimvr4; 10-14-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Theres somewhere you can get a remote for 25 bucks IIRC....But someones got to help me out on where

Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    Theres somewhere you can get a remote for 25 bucks IIRC....But someones got to help me out on where
    Q: Where can I purchase a remote for keyless entry?

a: New remotes for keyless entry can be purcahsed from Libertyville Mitsubishi at (847) 816-6660 for approx. $25 plus shipping. Note that programming the keyless entry unit will be required when you purcahse a replacement "FOB" or keyless entry remote unit.

Dave Black's 3000GT/Stealth Resource - Stealth/3000GT FAQ