Thread: Thanks GZP for all the lies...

Thanks GZP for all the lies...

Just wanted to vent a little about my recent experiences I had with hanz and emilie from GZP when I bought a Yellow 94 VR4 on eBay from them. Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 | eBay

Purchased the VR4 on Nov 19th after calling about the car and being told its in good shape, no rust and at worst might need a blow off valve due to a noise when cold. Had a check overnighted that week. With hopes that the car could be picked up by their shippers within the week. Well that couldn't happen because it was thanksgiving week and everyone was gone. Ok I guess, everyone deserves time off work. Next week comes and shippers couldn't pick it up. Week after car was supposed to be picked up and delivered on Saturday. Didn't find out until Saturday, after contacting Emilie, that shippers decided earlier in the week they couldn't get it. Would've been nice to know when they found out. So i decided that after waiting 3 weeks I was going to go up there myself and get the car. Flew out and arrived Sunday. Emilie and Hanz came and picked me up took me to the shop and my car. Got the car and an unnotarized title, its Sunday so nothing that could be done. I was told it didnt need to be notarized if its from out of state. Decided to go ahead and try my luck with the title and left. Immediately after starting the car I see the washer fluid light is on, no big deal, and the brake light is on, not a small deal. Making a 9 hour drive in a car i haven't seen before, I really need the brakes to work.

So then I leave. I made it about 10 feet down the road before I heard the front sway bar links rattling around. They are completely shot. Not an expensive or hard repair but would've been nice to know. Little bit further down the road I notice the fuel level is below empty. I didn't expect a full tank but at the very least enough to get the car to a gas station. I luckily made it to a gas station. Proceeded further on in my long trip home and I notice the alignment that i was told was done is way out. Steering wheel is sideways and the car pulls. Once again not to bad as I have an alignment machine at work but would've been nice to not be lied to. Further on, maybe an hour. check engine light is now on and the vehicle is misfiring. I managed to limp it to Cleveland since i have family there. Tried to dig into the car but not having any tools all i could do is make sure it would probably make it the rest of the way to Cincinnati. It managed to make it with a few misfires here and there. Took it straight to work to look it over and have my tools. Put it on the lift and confirmed the loose sway bar links, also found the rear steer rack is pouring fluid and explains the steering noise it had developed close to home. Really super that they knowingly let me drive a car 9 hours that had a good chance of not making it and stranding me.

So on to the title. Took it to the DMV and was told it had to be notarized. Kinda expected that so ok. I had the title fedex 2day'd on the 11th of December back so it could be notarized. Tracking proof. Fast forward to the 7th of January and all I have is various excuses and no title. Finally sick and tired of looking at a car i cant drive I have to tell them if I dont have my title soon I will be contacting my lawyer. Not really any other choice. I am then told this:

Ok fine mistakes happen, maybe the post office person dropped it in the truck. I would've given them the benefit of the doubt up until the title finally showed up this Saturday with a home printed label that shows the date of the 8th. The day after I have to threaten with my lawyer and I'm told it was sent out Monday.

I try to be an understanding person. Mistakes happen, things get in the way, but to outright lie to me multiple times about the condition of the vehicle, when it can be shipped, where is my title, and why it takes a full month to notarize, is way beyond any reason. I know Emilie is pregnant and has either just had the baby or will very soon, but I have a daughter myself, I know the routine and the limitations. That is no excuse for everything that has happened.

Im sorry that this is so long but I needed to vent and wanted to add to their wonderful reputation. As well as have as much proof as possible.

And sorry that this is only my second post here. Blew up my 94 Stealth TT shortly after joining and have been mostly active on the other forum since getting this vr4.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Is this "that guy" that's in the military? The one that posts on other forums I'm on?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Is this "that guy" that's in the military? The one that posts on other forums I'm on?
    The very same, although i've been out of Army for a few years now

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
    The very same, although i've been out of Army for a few years now
    Good to see you post man! I didn't know you were out. It hasn't seemed like it's been that long since I saw you post on bawc. I hope to see you post more here and there.

Sorry for the shenanigans, light moderation is a double edged sword.

oh and sorry for your issues

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Good to see you post man! I didn't know you were out. It hasn't seemed like it's been that long since I saw you post on bawc. I hope to see you post more here and there.

Sorry for the shenanigans, light moderation is a double edged sword.

oh and sorry for your issues

Ya since I got rid of my Stealth in 2010 i've been out of the scene until getting this vr4. Not sure what bawc is though, lol. Ill probably post here as well as the other now. I kinda forgot about this forum over the years.

And as far as my issues they are pretty much over, I have the car and a proper title and alot of small things have been fixed since I haven't been able to drive it. Still gotta get into the AWS delete and some other items. Luckily im in a better place now then when i had my Stealth. Went to college for auto repair and have been working for BMW for 2 years now so I have the knowledge and tools for fix anything on the car. Still sucks I have to put so much money and work into it just to get it into safe daily operation.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would never buy a car without test driving it first, even if I know and trust the person.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I told you over the phone it had a clunk coming from the suspension and that it most likely needed new struts/shocks since it does have 116k miles on it and they appeared to be original. I also told you that the brake light was on, but it didn't seem to appear to be from the emergency brake or from the low fluid level.... so it was most likely a short in the wiring. The car was aligned by Chrin's Automotive in Easton, PA located on 25th St. You are more than welcome to call them to confirm. Here is their number (610) 253-2743. After it sat at our preferred alignment shop all during the week we were gone for Thanksgiving... and days prior, we had to take it to somewhere that would get it done in a more timely manner. They were willing to do it the very next day, so we went there. We don't do alignments there, but I can say that I drove the car back to the shop and it seemed ok. Granted, the roads aren't in great condition, so it is hard to say.

There were no signs of a power steering leak while it was here. It was an Arizona car its entire life (with service records to prove it), so if anything, a rubber line must have failed. Unfortunately, I can not see into the future, so I can't fix something that doesn't appear to be broken. If these items were relayed to me, we could have provided compensation for them. We have done it in the past for customers, but this is the first I'm hearing of any of it, so we weren't even given the chance.... and that's not fair.

Yes, the title took a long time to get back to you. It's been hard juggling weekly Dr. appointments with her, running a business, and taking care of the little guy. It was my fault it took so long to get out the door, and for that, I apologize.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    And the shipping company told us that they were down for maintenance the day before they were supposed to pick it up. Then, they pushed it back again saying they had mechanical problems. Finally, you said you were flying in to pick it up, so we canceled the shipping arrangements with them. The company is EK Elite Transport if you would like to confirm

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    August 2010

Thanks
    I do sympathize with you OP, but before purchasing a car you gotta ask the basic questions...e.g...does it have any clunks, does it leak any fluids, does it smoke, does it rattle, etc...its basic car buying questions.
    95 TD05 16G VR-4---540whp@24psi
    34XXlbs..