Wow, What a weekend at the Busted Knuckle Garage! Since I am going to keep it, and I decided not to swap in a 5 speed, I had the DOHC up on jackstands for a few days Repairing the end clutch, and rebuilding the valve body with the Translab kit, and I must say this is my best upgrade to date, and it has completely eliminated every shifting problem I had... This is how the transmission SHOULD shift! (I installed the middle pressure control spring which is firmer than stock shifts, but not "race performance" shifts. I am sure if you did the "stock" setup it would still be perfect, just with smoother shifts. I am glad I did a firmer shift, upshifts are exactly where they should be now (especially from first) and it actually wants to chirp a little when accelerating hard into a downshift! NICE! I can't imagine what installing the high performance spring would be like! Here are some pics....

My humble "garage"

Tearing down the valve body

I found little pieces of rubber seal,dirt and carbon floating throughout...

Here is a mountain of carbon I found under the solenoid mounting plate

These are all piles of carbon and debris that were under and throughout the solenoid mount, and the solenoids were all filled with this mud...

This little screen was damaged, but I re-used it because it was still functional, and I had no replacement...

All cleaned up and ready for modifications and re-assembly

There are a LOT of parts to catch! Don't worry, the instructions tell you exactly how to re-assemble...

Plugging this hole and re-drilling a smaller hole was a little tricky, but no real problem

Everything back in with new filter and I was ready for beer!!