Sprayed and baked the black metallic this afternoon!
Unfortunately the pic doesn't do the powder any justice. It's truly an awesome looking color in person!

Sprayed and baked the black metallic this afternoon!
Unfortunately the pic doesn't do the powder any justice. It's truly an awesome looking color in person!
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

Picked these up some time ago to pad the flywheel from scratching up the table. I wanted black but they didn't have any...
The larger ones didn't fit so I had to use the 38mm ones.
Assembly underway...
All finished!
Lowes didn't have a great selection of lamp shades, so I just used one I had sitting around the house for now. I'll spend the next few days shopping for one. Probably get a really large one too since the medium size seems puny compared to the huge crank.
Love it. The only thing I would of done different would be to do the chrome first like the engine, then mask off the journals and then do the black. Not taking anything away from what you did though. Its just awesome and I really like the way the engine table came out.

I was originally going to do it that way but there's no good way to remove the masking tape after spraying the powder without disturbing it. The journals are too small and the space is too tight.
OH! I forgot to mention. The motor came out of a green 1G stealth just like the model sitting in front of the lamp.
Wow this look freaking amazing!! This a cast crank? Lol!
get a professional to do an HDR pic of your 3/s & silkscreen it onto fabric. then have an upholstery shop make a lampshade out of it.
p.s.
2nd idea:
get a bunch of stickers from our primary 3/s shop sponsors and create a "nascar-style" lapshade.
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks