Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Motorsports in Nobelsville, IN *** WARNING

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unlimited Motorsports in Nobelsville, IN *** WARNING

I just wanted to throw out this warning to anyone who may come across the "good deals" these guys have.
    I spoke with them several times prior to driving 2 1/2 hours to see a 2007 Lincoln Navigator. I asked them repeatedly if everything was working, made sure to mention certain parts like the liftgate and power steps, Nav and DVVD. They assured me everything works great and the truck has no problems, because their on-site mechanic checked it out. Blah blah..
    So, I contact the bank, pay to have a check overnighted and the next day we get the check, pile myself, my wife and our 4 kids in the car and drive 2 1/2 hours to see this truck. It was a MESS. Not only did they lie to me, but they continued to lie to me while I was there.
    The guy pretends he doesn't know what's up, that the power boards all of the sudden "don't work".. And the oil leak must be old residue. And the DVD nav all of the sudden doesn't have a disk. Well, during the test drive I stop and recheck the oil leaks. Sure enough it's fresh clean oil. So it's not old residue. I then notice the running boards are unplugged.. Completely .. I plug them in and the driver's side engages.. it comes down, but never retracts. The passenger's side does nothing. you can hear the motors try to work the whole time. The DVD player worked, that was surprising, but the power window on the rear passenger's side doesn't work from the driver's seat and the one touch feature of the passenger's side doesn't work.. These two things were minor and could have been an oversight. However, then we get to the NAV. We stick a DVD in there and it just starts clicking and making a ton of noise. This seems to be a problem that others in the world have faced. They end up removing the Nav DVD to silence it.
    The power liftgate requires manual assist to get started, as if the motor isn't powerful enough to start it out on its own.
    I get back and explain it to the guy and he pretends this was all new to him. He said his Mechanic will take a look and fix the oil leak, because they didn't know it had one.. Nevermind the distinct burning hot oil smell coming from the car.. A smell no 3000gt owner could miss.

So, a day goes by and I email from a different address asking questions about what works and what doesn't. i was assured everything works great.. Again.. In other words, these guys are complete and utter liars with no regard for anyone's time or money. The fact that I had to spend about $80 and a full day to see some pile of crap that wasn't even close to described correctly proves to me these guys are just crooks. And this was just the stuff I found in the 1 hour I spent there.. Imagine if I really took the time to rip this truck apart. Oh, and there was rust on the inside of the rear 1/4 panel.. they painted over the rust spots on the outside. ..

Avoid Ultimate Motorsports in Nobelsville, IN..

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I f-ing hate somebody that wastes my time like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    first problem. 2007 Lincoln Navigator.

it's shit like this why I bought brand damned new this time. I know for a fact that I have a 100% working car with zero problems.
    www.fairtax.org
    We ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow
    2009/2010 3SI National Gathering Fastest Stock Suspension
    I killed www.bawcforums.org on 11-04-09

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    first problem. 2007 Lincoln Navigator.

it's shit like this why I bought brand damned new this time. I know for a fact that I have a 100% working car with zero problems.
    Well, New Expeditions are $60k, so I'll stick with used.. We need space for the family and camping gear. minivans don't cut it anymore.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I f-ing hate somebody that wastes my time like that.
    Amen on that one..
    I found a nice Expedition in Michigan. The dealer was pretty nice and easy to deal with.. She was saying they can drop it off at the Ford Dealer for inspection in the morning and just leave it there until Ford gets time to inspect it for me. Very eager to have the vehicle checked out so I can be assured it's in good shape.
    The place in Indiana made getting it checked out by a dealer seem too difficult..

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Well, New Expeditions are $60k, so I'll stick with used.. We need space for the family and camping gear. minivans don't cut it anymore.
    $60K?! What do they think they are 20 year old Mitsu's with intercoolers and wheels or something?!

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    $60K?! What do they think they are 20 year old Mitsu's with intercoolers and wheels or something?!
    Get a gm full size, ford is crap. Seriously gm quality on the big suvs can't be beat.

I have a 07 avalanche

get it for 25k,
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4734848455.html

for the gambler and someone who will run it to death:
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4672365997.html

get it for 32.
    http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/4668910876.html

get it for 26-27
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ctd/4709524657.html

get it for 28-29, wheels are iffy but cheap for these trucks to go stock. has 2500$ warranty
    http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/4711288464.html
    Last edited by Mikes2nd; 10-29-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    real 3s'ers have NoCar transfer cases...

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Cuz the rattling plasting, craptastic moldings, and dash are so inviting. Gm interior is only worsed by Deawoo. For the money GM has the worst interior out there.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Cuz the rattling plasting, craptastic moldings, and dash are so inviting. Gm interior is only worsed by Deawoo. For the money GM has the worst interior out there.
    eh' I would go Dodge with GM in a close second. that being said one of the nicest interiors I've ever been is was the new Chrysler 200C. holy hell that interior is REALLY damn good.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    eh' I would go Dodge with GM in a close second. that being said one of the nicest interiors I've ever been is was the new Chrysler 200C. holy hell that interior is REALLY damn good.
    Two companies I will never buy from again, due to the auto bailouts.
    It may sound petty to some, but I stand by my convictions. I'll also never own another Nissan after the fiasco with getting them to buy back my G35 coupe after it went through 3 engines in under a year..

If I was going for something for the sake of the interior I would get a Tribeca and be done with it, but my wife and I need sheer size. We had a Diesel Excursion and it was great, but she hated driving a truck that sounded like a school bus.
    So, the expedition is a better option. It's way more refined and handles very well for its size..