Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L.E.D. Tail Lights Conversion

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks

L.E.D. Tail Lights Conversion

Hi guys,

I have now created several different L.E.D. tail light types for our platform so I have decided to offer the community my services for converting your stock tail lights to plug and play L.E.D. ones. The only thing you will have to do is add resistors for the fast blink of the turning signal and for the brakes ( I will provide them ) to your tail lights' wiring. I would place those inside the tails, but they get hot and could melt the housings so it is much better to install them (very easy) in the tail light bed on the car. I install the L.E.D.s on the stock diffuser for a stock look. Here are the different types that you can choose from:

For $250 + shipping to Miami (I cover the return shipping), you can get the following NON-SEQUENTIAL styles:

1) Arrows (three arrows per tail light, but you can use as many as you wish for an additional price).

2) Tail Light Contour (Audi style).

3) Circles (halos or solid, or combo).

4) Full LED Tail Light (operates as stock, but L.E.D. and gives the tail light a smoked look during the day).

5) Any Circle/Arrow combo.

6) Lamborghini Aventador Style.

For $320 + shipping to Miami, you can get the following SEQUENTIAL styles:

1) Arrows.

2) Circles.

3) Lamborghini Aventador Style.

I can also convert Stealth tails, but I don't have pictures or videos to show you.

Below are some types of LEDs you can choose from for your conversion. Some of them may not work for certain patterns, due to their limited flexibility, but we can clarify that once you choose your pattern and let me know which LEDs you would like to use for it.

The strip below includes a special tube that resembles the new type of LED tails in which the single LEDs cannot be seen, but a uniform strip of light can be observed. One limitation with this one is that it cannot be cut to size and is available in only two sizes. Only one of these sizes (the 30cm one) can be used for the 3KGT tails since it fits perfectly into the main cluster. However, it will not fit into the turning signal portion of the tails:

The ones below are the LEDs I used for the Audi style and for the Lamborghini style. I use those a lot, because they can be bent in any direction and can also be cut to size. One small limitation they have is that they are thicker and interfere slightly with the reflectors on the red lens, but still fit under if placed exactly between the two reflectors in each lens:

The LEDs below are nice for a single row strip as that strip contains 32 SMDs in a 30cm strip (some of those come with only 15 SMDs...) and is flat so it fits nicely under the red lens:

These are two-row SMDs that I may use for the Audi style or the Lambo style, because they are flat and can fit very good under the red lens. The red lens has these reflectors in the middle that bulge inwards and if the LED strip is too thick, it interferes with them. They are also good, because they have 30 SMDs per row (60 in the two rows) in a 30cm strip, while some of those only have 15 SMDs per 30cm row:

The ones below are what I use for the circle type (they come in different sizes):

Also, I can supply the housings, but that is obviously going to cost additionally, depending on how much I can find a set for at the time you order.

Let me know if you are interested and keep in mind that around Christmas the mail deliveries slow down, due to everyone mailing presents, so it is better to do it before the Christmas season or after that...

Also, be advised that I live in the Cayman Islands, which are not part of the U.S., so I will cover the shipping from Miami to Grand Cayman and from Grand Cayman back to you. I will also pay 27% duty for the tail light housings you send me and for the parts I order for the conversion!

Here are some videos of the various types of L.E.D. tails I make:

Ilian
    '95 Mitsubishi GTO AWD ATX - '99 front end conversion, TT conversion (19Ts), Forced Four shift box with paddle shifters, A/A wing, LCDBC, 3" straight piped exhaust with no cats and gutted pre-cats, Custom rear diffuser, HIDs, Carbon fiber steering wheel, 18" Mustang Saleen replicas.
    '92 Dodge Stealth ES - 3KGT body conversion. Sold!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilian51378 For This Useful Post:

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilian51378 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have now created several different L.E.D. tail light types for our platform so I have decided to offer the community my services for converting your stock tail lights to plug and play L.E.D. ones. The only thing you will have to do is add resistors for the fast blink of the turning signal and for the brakes ( I will provide them ) to your tail lights' wiring. I would place those inside the tails, but they get hot and could melt the housings so it is much better to install them (very easy) in the tail light bed on the car. I install the L.E.D.s on the stock diffuser for a stock look. Here are the different types that you can choose from

Ilian
    Long time no chat, buddy! Are you still selling? I'd like a set of r/t tails with 3 arrows--sequential lighting, but could it have ((( and ))) instead of arrows? And I'd like the ((())) to only light for turns/braking, and just a ring around the light for regular nightime running--can you do that? Can you also offer smoked (smoked, polished, clear coated, etc)? If so how much extra? And what's the turnaround time?

I do have cash in hand for this, but I'd have to arrange with Milt for shipping my lights.

Thanks!
    Last edited by IPD; 03-11-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    Long time no chat, buddy! Are you still selling? I'd like a set of r/t tails with 3 arrows--sequential lighting, but could it have ((( and ))) instead of arrows? And I'd like the ((())) to only light for turns/braking, and just a ring around the light for regular nightime running--can you do that? Can you also offer smoked (smoked, polished, clear coated, etc)? If so how much extra? And what's the turnaround time?

I do have cash in hand for this, but I'd have to arrange with Milt for shipping my lights.

Thanks!
    Hey buddy,

I have not yet converted any R/T tails so I am not sure how much space exactly I have to work with inside the housing. For that reason, I cannot give you an answer on the question about the pattern. I should be able to get it done, but I can't say for sure, until I open the tails. When you say ring around the light, what exactly do you mean? Do you want a contour around the shape of the whole tail or am I understanding you wrong? I don't do smoking of the lenses so you will have to find someone else to do that for you... The turn around time depends on how fast I get the tails. The fastest would be if you ship the tails straight to me in the Cayman Islands, but that would probably be more expensive. Otherwise, you will be shipping to Miami and then from there to me, a freight forwarder will deliver them to me. Usually, it takes about two weeks before I get the tails, after they arrive in Miami... I normally complete the conversion within a couple of days and ship the tails back. If you live in the U.S., it takes 1-2 weeks to deliver, but if you live somewhere else, I am not sure how long it would take. Furthermore, if you live outside of the U.S., I will not cover the return shipping, so that would increase the price of the conversion. Are you located in the U.S.?

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Here is my last version - sequential Lambo style:

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hey buddy,

I have not yet converted any R/T tails so I am not sure how much space exactly I have to work with inside the housing. For that reason, I cannot give you an answer on the question about the pattern. I should be able to get it done, but I can't say for sure, until I open the tails. When you say ring around the light, what exactly do you mean? Do you want a contour around the shape of the whole tail or am I understanding you wrong? I don't do smoking of the lenses so you will have to find someone else to do that for you... The turn around time depends on how fast I get the tails. The fastest would be if you ship the tails straight to me in the Cayman Islands, but that would probably be more expensive. Otherwise, you will be shipping to Miami and then from there to me, a freight forwarder will deliver them to me. Usually, it takes about two weeks before I get the tails, after they arrive in Miami... I normally complete the conversion within a couple of days and ship the tails back. If you live in the U.S., it takes 1-2 weeks to deliver, but if you live somewhere else, I am not sure how long it would take. Furthermore, if you live outside of the U.S., I will not cover the return shipping, so that would increase the price of the conversion. Are you located in the U.S.?
    Looking for a ring around just the rear-facing area on the tails--where light would normally shine from; not the whole outer edge. Car is located in the USA.

Confirm this will be $250 to you still?

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looking for a ring around just the rear-facing area on the tails--where light would normally shine from; not the whole outer edge. Car is located in the USA.

Confirm this will be $250 to you still?
    $250 is for non-sequential and $320 is for sequential. Let me know when you are ready to do it and I will give you the shipping address.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    $250 is for non-sequential and $320 is for sequential. Let me know when you are ready to do it and I will give you the shipping address.
    Ah, sorry, misread the price when I skimmed it. Yeah, I can send you funds, but I'll need the address up front so I can get milt to ship the lights to you.

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Ah, sorry, misread the price when I skimmed it. Yeah, I can send you funds, but I'll need the address up front so I can get milt to ship the lights to you.
    PM-d you...

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I need an update. I haven't heard from you in a while.

Drives a UFO
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I need an update. I haven't heard from you in a while.
    PM sent!