Thread: Power cuts out??

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Power cuts out??

The car is a 1994 VR4. First off ill start with the mods and things that may be related to it. I have a Emanage ultimate spliced in and the injector adaptor wired in. Both are wired in correctly as far as i know. I do notice that many wires in the harness were previously cut into or im finding some exposed

This started a few months ago. I usually only happens around operating temp but stops after a few minutes of driving. If the car is just idling, the rpms will surge and act stupid for a second then the car will kill. If im driving, it will die but the car will start back off based on the momentum of the car continuing to travel forward. It does throw a CEL and here are the codes:

code 22 - crank angle sensor - When all this first started, i replaced this with a brand new one. The code came back and theirs no way this new one is bad again. It has maybe 5 miles on it.
    code 23 - cam angle sensor
    code 41 - injector fault - was supposed to be corrected by the greddy injector adaptor but apparently not

Please help before i break down and buy a new engine harness (which i might do anyway considering all the wires cut into/ broken), A boomslang harness for the EMU so i can be sure it wasnt wired incorrectly, and maybe even a new ecu
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Somewhere you have a wire that is intermittently making conection. Probably a ground. Maybe a bad job splicing in a new wire. Good luck finding it.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    it does seam like its most likely a bad connection, but my rt did the exact same thing when the ecu went. the only difference is mine wouldnt restart once it shut off while cruising down the highway. instead i would coast to the shoulder and after a few min the car would start right up and act as if nothing was wrong.

did the car do this before the emu was installed? when did the problem arise in relation to the last time you did any wiring?
    the basic go fast bits...
    forged short block, Billet DR1000's, 680cc injectors, meth inj, FMIC, MAFT, Apexi Neo, hotwired 255lph fuel pump.

Tuned by Ray Pampena

Just a fun Daily Driver.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If I had another ecu local I'd test the theory but I'll probably end up replacing the harness and getting a stand alone computer to replace the ecu and emu

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    that will work too lol