Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 13T conversions and wastegate boost

  1. #11
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Not sure where the brackets came from. I think they were a homebrew. I need to get back in the engine bay to play with some stuff but just moved. My guess is that the front actuator is too tight because its clocked wrong.

    Also, the vacuum ports on top of the throttlebody; do they give a pressure signal for pre throttlebody or post throttlebody? I think that I have my vacuum reference coming from there.
    your guess is my guess as well.

    If you see vacuum on your gauge it must be coming after the throttle body.

    Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

  2. #12
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Medford OR
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 602 Times in 302 Posts
    In my experience, 13T's don't creep, but they are terrible for spiking....

    Of course if the actuators are jacked up, all bets are off.


    Real Performance Automotive (541)816-4500 www.FB.com/RealPerformanceAuto

  3. #13
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    Well, mine don't spike but since I installed a hallman, they creep, but not with the wastegates direct, or with IPO controller. set for 9, end at 11-12, set for 12, it'll be at 15-16 by redline. Also running basement timing, which drives the turbines harder.

  4. #14
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Medford OR
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 602 Times in 302 Posts
    That's interesting... I have WRX springs shimmed up a bit, so wastegate is around 11psi, if I lay into it fast they'll spike to over 14 before settling back down in the upper RPMs. If I crank it up around 19-20 psi, it'll spike over 24 getting there.

    I've had the same experience on two customer's cars with similar setups, but three were using piggybacks with 450 to 600 cc injectors, so there was a fair amount of timing involved.

  5. #15
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    my setup creeps a couple psi on the hallman as well.

  6. #16
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Owner Since
    2012

    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just played around with the front gate. The rod might be just a wee bit clocked, but I can move the rod and flapper by hand. Tight but it does move. I need to move my tools to the new place to get under the car. The rear should be in the correct position still.

    I haven't driven the car more than 100 miles in the last year. Maybe it was a serious boost spike because the car was so rich. I'm doing body work this winter. I'll update come spring.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering