Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Unlogic's Chrome ECU tuning thread

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Dougal's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Great work Unlogic!

Im keen to know more about the Water/Meth system your using.
    I have a Cooling Mist Stage 1 kit (guy i bought it from did not have the controller for it).

Im hoping to be able to control it in Chrome ECU or perhaps use a Hobbs switch....Im outta my league here.
    I already have it trunk mounted and the line and wiring running to the engine bay. The rest of it im confused with!

I have a stock 2 bolt motor with 100k on it and knock over 5000rpm over 7lb boost. Im hoping to get the knock down and to add a little more boost and timing
    Only running stock 9b turbos

If you have any additional info you can share that would be great! Specifcally the custom driver circuit used with the LCDBC you have.
    Last edited by Dougal; 06-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Proud owner of
    2nd gen Magna TS 1995
    Twin Turbo 6G72 DOHC,
    FWD 5 speed, Jesters Chrome ECU V2,
    Custom 3" Exhaust, Magnaflow High flow Cat & Muffler, Redback resonator,
    CX Racing FMIC kit, EVO 9 BOV, AEM uEGO wideband,
    Turbosmart Gauge, Tactrix 3 port boost solenoid, K&N FIPK
    MSD 8.5 ignition leads, Apexi 3 bar MAP sensor,
    TJ Magna Clutch Master Cyl, 3SX S/S braided fuel line,
    Montero 482 MAF, Aeromotive 340l , 3SX fuel rail loop,
    VAC delete, Fuel pump hotwire and relay bypass
    GTO hubs and rotors, 4 pot calipers
    Tein Flex adjustable coilovers (tuned for +castor)

Ride build page on FB

My Vehicle Garage

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unlogic's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Knock at only 7 psi sounds very bad. Most people get to at least 14-15 psi before they see any knock. I would recommend you to check your current for any faults instead of going the water/meth route.

I have the driver circuit on my garage computer. I'll post it next time I visit the garage.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I here what your saying.
    The knock i'm getting is 1- 2 counts.
    It's actually pretty inconsistent knock and its only over 5000rpm but at different loads values and different AFR.
    The only consistent thing about is that its over 5000rpm but not every time (perhaps 1 out of every 4 or 5 pulls does it show 1 or 2 counts)

I haven't increased the boost over 10lbs as it is currently setup.
    Been thinking about adding some more boost but as the car has been running really well lately i had not bothered yet.
    Probably do some testing on the weekend with incrementally more boost and see how the car performs before thinking of completing the install of the water/meth injection system.

Owner Since

Thanks
    1 or 2 or two counts of knock is absolutely nothing to worry about, it's completely normal. The stock ECU has two timing maps (high and low octane) and it interpolates the current timing values using these maps and the current knock count that's why you don't see knock on every pull. Also I recommend that you use the stock ECU boost control function instead of a standalone boost controller as that allows the ECU to reduce boost when engine is cold or when it encounters knock.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlogic View Post
    1 or 2 or two counts of knock is absolutely nothing to worry about, it's completely normal. The stock ECU has two timing maps (high and low octane) and it interpolates the current timing values using these maps and the current knock count that's why you don't see knock on every pull. Also I recommend that you use the stock ECU boost control function instead of a standalone boost controller as that allows the ECU to reduce boost when engine is cold or when it encounters knock.
    What kind of changes have you needed to make to your tune now that your running Water/Methanol injection kit?

I have Jesters Chrome v2 ECU and am familiar with most of the tables in the ROM

Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm only running enough water/meth to suppress any knock so I haven't had to do any changes to my tune apart from adding some​ timing and boost to gain a bit more power.

If you add lots of meth your tune will be rich but the limited quantities I'm injecting are barely noticeable on the logged AFR readings.

Owner Since

Thanks
    The water meth injection in combination with the DR750 turbos i installed this winter worked so well that I ended up bottoming out my Evo 560 injectors by a good margin.

So I purchased a set of Bosch motorsport EV14 870 cc injectors (part number 0280158209). These injectors are one of the EV14 versions to use the same connector as our stock injectors so no cable adapters are needed.

What is needed however is to bypass our stock injector resistor pack. I bought a used resistor pack from a friend and used the connector from it to create a plug and play resistor bypass.

The injectors didn't with any latency information, but I found after some testing that the values mentioned in the post below work really well with the injectors scaled to 862 cc in Chrome:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post7708063

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unlogic For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    With the new injectors I've been able to increase the boost to 23 psi which thanks to the methanol injection works fine without any knock. I have a slight lean spot when accelerating slowly around load 75 which I haven't been able to figure out however, but I'm working on that.

The main question now is if my stock engine will last through the summer given the power I'm pushing through it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789