Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlogic's Chrome ECU tuning thread

JNS Engineering verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Thanks Chris. I need to do that as well. My fuel table is way too rich.

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    I'm using that wide and as well and have never logged under 10. The cars will breakup under 10 or so.
    What would a good AFR to target without risking knock 10.5?

JNS Engineering verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Low 11s is where we should be on gas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    Low 11s is where we should be on gas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    yeah 11.1 to 11.3 or so is very safe still. 10.5 is going to be down on power a bit and is close to smoking black honestly. hard on the ignition, wastes fuel, etc. Only reason I'd run that rich is if the engine was worn or intercooler was poor.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

JNS Engineering verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    yeah 11.1 to 11.3 or so is very safe still. 10.5 is going to be down on power a bit and is close to smoking black honestly. hard on the ignition, wastes fuel, etc. Only reason I'd run that rich is if the engine was worn or intercooler was poor.
    I know the wideband reads a different AFR for E85. What AFR do you run on your E85 and how do you keep track of the fuel quality?

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    I know the wideband reads a different AFR for E85. What AFR do you run on your E85 and how do you keep track of the fuel quality?

I run mid, upper 11s. Up to about 12:1, on the gasoline scale.

I just check the ethanol percentage if I'm going to tune or notice a lot of afr drift. Right now I just use the glass vial testers.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    This thread has been quiet for a month but now I've finally solved the spark blowout problems I ran into as i increased the boost past 1.1 bar. The first thing I did was to hotwire the coils per fastbikes76 advice. That cured most of the spark blowout problems I had. However above 5500 I still had some minor spark blowout problems but I got rid of those today by changing the values in the Ignition Coil Dwell Time Limit table from 75% to 90%.

I've now moved on to fine tuning the target load table. It seems that I can push the boost all the way to 19 psi below 5500 rpm but after that I have to reduce the boost to avoid knock. Currently I'm running about 17 psi until 5500 rpm after that I gradually back of the boost to about 14 psi by 7000 rpm. I'll post the tables here when I've got it all dialed in.

After some tweaks the target load compensation is working great with the Tactrix boost solenoid I bought so changing the boost now is just a matter of entering the desired load in the target load table.

For reference I'm still running stock fuel and timing map and 8+ years old ignition cables and spark plugs.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Haven't had much time for the car lately but today I finally got time to analyze some logs from last month. They clearly show the amount of mid range power that I've been able to pickup compared to my tune from this summer:

The gain in power and torque between 4000 and 6000 rpm is noticeable however this seems to be the limit of what I can achieve using the stock timing map with my current setup.

I sometimes get a few counts of knock with this tune which causes the ECU to pull timing so I've tweaked the timing map now and gradually reduced the timing 2-3 starting at 5000 RPM and 200+ load. I'm planing to test this tomorrow and see what effect it has on power and knock.

What changes have those of you with similar setups done to your timing maps?

By the way here are the target load values, load error correction and wgdc values I'm currently using just as a reference:

As you can see I've reduced the load at higher RPM to avoid knock creating a "flat" power curve.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The changes in the timing map seem to have worked. Did a few pulls today and got no knock at all during high load. Here is the timing map I'm using, essentially stock with only the cells in the lower right corner changed:

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm truly not trying to criticize or be negative in any way; legitimately curious though, your graph looks completely different from any other 3S graph I've ever seen. The way the power comes on/drops and the torque/hp don't cross at 5252 (which really confuses me). Just seeing if you have any kind of explanation or more insight that maybe I'm missing? Also, your weight is 1810...?

Car looks like it would be a riot on the street! Insta-power, and lots of it!
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions