Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlogic's Chrome ECU tuning thread

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unlogic's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'll start tweaking that table and I'll report back here if it cures the hesitation issue.

I'm really looking forward to see how much your load figures will increase with the new intercoolers and MAFT.

Thinking of going the MAFT route myself later on but right now I need to replace my turbos as my poor 11b's have reached their limit. I've ordered a set of billet 15G/16T turbo from Tim Park (Boostmore). They should hopefully give me a bit more boost at higher RPM's.

JNS Engineering verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jimvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I already tried the MAFT zeroed out and doubled the MAF size in Chrome. The load went to 320 at like 60% TPS and the stock boost / vacuum gauge maxed out whenever I hit the throttle. Also it rarely hit the lowest vac readings. I think ECU boost wouldn't work well with those settings since the highest load target you can set is 160 and the highest load offset is also 160.

That made me think what I should do is set Chrome back to EVO or stock MAF and set the MAFT to a higher injector value. More like Ray and Forest are doing. With two knobs to turn the actual load numbers are sort of meaningless but the 2 byte limitations in Chrome are a factor.

Good luck with the Boostmore stuff. We have a guy in our group that has RMA 3 times with Tim. The problem could be his car though since he never has looked at the bottom end and his first tuning step was to run a Supra pump without a hot wire.

Owner Since

Thanks
    That turbo RMA experience sounds worrying, lets hope the ones I get work fine. Initially I was going to order DR650 turbos but Matt would'nt accept PayPal payments for customers outside of the US and I didn't feel comfortable transferring that amount of money via a simple wire transfer.

I've been fiddling quite a bit with the ECU boost tables and it works really well when you get all values dialed in. However getting there is a tideous process. I'm thinking of letting the lcdbc control my boost while I tune the car and then revert to ECU boost control when I'm done tuning all other tables.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    I already tried the MAFT zeroed out and doubled the MAF size in Chrome. The load went to 320 at like 60% TPS and the stock boost / vacuum gauge maxed out whenever I hit the throttle. Also it rarely hit the lowest vac readings. I think ECU boost wouldn't work well with those settings since the highest load target you can set is 160 and the highest load offset is also 160.

That made me think what I should do is set Chrome back to EVO or stock MAF and set the MAFT to a higher injector value. More like Ray and Forest are doing. With two knobs to turn the actual load numbers are sort of meaningless but the 2 byte limitations in Chrome are a factor.

Good luck with the Boostmore stuff. We have a guy in our group that has RMA 3 times with Tim. The problem could be his car though since he never has looked at the bottom end and his first tuning step was to run a Supra pump without a hot wire.
    my maft is not set to a higher injector value. It is set for 360s. stock maf size adder, etc.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    my maft is not set to a higher injector value. It is set for 360s. stock maf size adder, etc.
    Thanks. I guess I was confused. I'll be setting things up like you have it and retuning.

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    So that means the load values are scaled just the same as when using the MAF?

If thats the case then it makes this MAFT approach even more desirable since it would reduce the amount of fiddling needed in other tables which get affected when the scaling of the load values changes.

I lack color... verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlogic View Post
    So that means the load values are scaled just the same as when using the MAF?

If thats the case then it makes this MAFT approach even more desirable since it would reduce the amount of fiddling needed in other tables which get affected when the scaling of the load values changes.
    Not exactly. The MAFT even zeroed out pulses less than a stock MAF. You still run into the same issues like running any piggyback were the load values are much much lower thus part throttle leaves you with high timing numbers.

2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

Owner Since

Thanks
    After adjusting MAF size back to stock and with the MAFT zeroed I'm not seeing a problem with load too low. I'm seeing about 220 load at 15 psi.

I lack color... verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    After adjusting MAF size back to stock and with the MAFT zeroed I'm not seeing a problem with load too low. I'm seeing about 220 load at 15 psi.
    I saw that with my stock 9b car at 18ish psi.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Too many variables to compare load values, depending on how its tuned, intake setup, etc.

I was only seeing 250 to 260 load at 22 psi on dr750s.

If the maft is adjusted to the same afr as the stock maf was giving then it had to be outputting the same pulse or the afr would be different.
    Last edited by Chris@Rvengeperformance; 06-20-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast