Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 days, no caffeine.

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks

20 days, no caffeine.

So I gave up caffeine (in any form) just over 20 full days ago. No coffee, no espresso, no soda, no energy drinks/supplements, no chocolate, etc.

Has anybody else ever done this? What was the withdrawal like for you? What was your daily/weekly caffeine intake like?
    I drank basically a dunks medium iced coffee every morning, and some days threw a red bull or other energy supplement in the afternoon.

I had head aches for about a week and a half (nothing unbearable, but I'm a chronic headache sufferer as is and I typically just deal), but now I feel so much better without it.

Why'd I give it up? Basically, every day around 2-3pm (work 9am-6pm hours during the week) I'd get drowsy and want to go to sleep. Again at 8pm. If I were to go to bed at 8pm, I'd probably wake up around 3-4am....which wouldn't fly particularly well.
    To make it worse, I work part time on some weekends as a barista at a local coffee shop.

How about any of you?

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I gave up Mountain Dew once. At first the withdrawls were so bad I literally felt like I had a horrible hangover. I had a bad headache and felt like I had to puke. After the guy I worked with asked what was going on he told me I was stupid for trying to go cold turkey and went and got me a Dew. I drank it and immediately felt better. After that I only had one glass of Dew the next day and then I had none for months.

Now I occasionally have one, but its not needed. I drink Kool Aid alot. I know it has a lot of sugar, but no caffeine is better.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Caffiene sux...unless it's mixed with vodka in red bull form!

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I drink a lot of caffiene. I have worse habits to kick though.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Since I work 12 hour shifts, 6:30 to 6:30, both days and nights, caffeine is a big part of my life.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    hahah this thread hits home. When I worked at a bar my normal intake was a cup of coffee or two while working and possibly an energy drink at work to keep me going, including a cup or two first thing in the morning. On my days off...maybe a pot of coffee to rock me through school. I cold turkeyed when I got sick and caffeine never meshes well when you're sick. Headaches were gnarly but added into the whole "i still have the flu" symptoms so it wasn't unbearable. When I came out a few days later I felt great, no more headaches and no more drowsiness at specific times of the day. Now that I'm not working there I only rock a cup of coffee or tea a few times a week and exercise on a regular basis. I think the exercise helps out big time

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I drink on average about 3 cans of mt dew a day. Usually less on my days off and I will get a minor head ache. I really should cut back. I'd probably lose a few lbs in the process. 6' 200lbs.

I drink at least a pot of coffee a day. Last year when I went back to live at my folk's place I stopped cold. Nothing happened.

Then again I can drink several cups and then go right to sleep. It does nothing to wake me up in the morning.

11 sec FWD! (old name: 94atxvr2)
    Owner Since
    2004 ****Click my home page for videos*****

Thanks
    For years (like past 6) I have only drank water, and I don't eat candy. So I never really have or want caffeine.

92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto = 10.61@127.8 (1.4 60ft)
    94 3000gt SL 8:1TT 5spd getrag = 11.87@123 (1.8 60ft)
    91 3000gt VR4 13gs = 11.61@115 (1.59 60ft)

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallh View Post
    I drink at least a pot of coffee a day. Last year when I went back to live at my folk's place I stopped cold. Nothing happened.

Then again I can drink several cups and then go right to sleep. It does nothing to wake me up in the morning.
    That's me as well... I drink at least a pot of coffee a day. I can drink it at night and have no problem sleeping. Doesn't seem to effect me, I've gone without it for several days at a time with no withdrawl symptoms.

Real Performance Automotive (541)816-4500 www.FB.com/RealPerformanceAuto