Thread: What 3S year's/model's ECU is a '96 SOHC Stealth ECU compatible with?

What 3S year's/model's ECU is a '96 SOHC Stealth ECU compatible with?

Hello everyone, I have a 1996 SOHC automatic Stealth and need to replace the ECU. What other years and models ECU will work with this car? I assume both the Stealth and 3000GT ECUs would be the same for 1996 SOHC automatic cars, but is the 97+ SOHC automatic 3000GT ECU the same as the 1996 Stealth? The part number of this ECU is MD319637R, and the E2T number is E2T61374.

Thanks!

Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Owner Since

Thanks

Hello, I found that page, but if you will notice my ECU's part number is not listed there! I have one of the odd-ball late year '96 Stealth base model SOHC that had the high-lip rear wing, sunroof, Infinity sound, CD changer, and all options except leather. Odd car...

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    find somebody local who has another ECU to test, and go from there... those part numbers don't list any SOHC ECU's that I saw, and there may be more variants than what's listed.

Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Basically your ECU is not something I know much about but as it is a Chrysler part . They do still sell then (#MD319637RR) for like $700.

I know the sohc's are not picky so you likely could use the ECU from a 1996 3000GT, Diamante, Stealth, or similar with the same motor and it should work without issue.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brutten View Post
    Basically your ECU is not something I know much about but as it is a Chrysler part . They do still sell then (#MD319637RR) for like $700.

I know the sohc's are not picky so you likely could use the ECU from a 1996 3000GT, Diamante, Stealth, or similar with the same motor and it should work without issue.
    The only issue with that is 3000gt's from 96 were all DOHC. being a SOHC I know the ECU has 2 less cams, and the ignition system is different. the SOHC uses a distributor vs a wasted spark/coilpacks setup on the DOHC. If anything I think another from any OBD-II SOHC will work. however if you can find an OBD-II SOHC Diamante ECU that will probably work as well.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I took mine to Auto Zone and they sent it to Cardone for rebuild. Been running for a year OK. I got a discount with a price match with an online co that had the same part #. but do not know if the will still work. Paid $220.00 w/ tax.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman454 View Post
    I took mine to Auto Zone and they sent it to Cardone for rebuild. Been running for a year OK. I got a discount with a price match with an online co that had the same part #. but do not know if the will still work. Paid $220.00 w/ tax.
    That would be an option as well. I don't know if AVpro still rebuilds ECU's but I'm assuming they could do a 2g SOHC ECU just as easily as any other one.

Who is AVpro? Link? Thanks.