Thread: Eonon M1 Review

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Tim_Katarn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Eonon M1 Review

Just a quick write up on my new Eonon M1. I purchased it because the feature list for the price was absolutely the best I've seen. I had seen some negative reviews online but I wanted to give my 2 cents here.

This is the unit I'm referring to: Eonon M1 with Miracast| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD | In Car DVD | Best Car GPS

If you look at the page you can see just how awesome the feature list is. DVD playing capability, radio, bluetooth, ipod, USB, GPS, and others plus a brand new feature called screen mirroring. This allows any android phone with Miracast to display the phone's screen on the car itself. This means all applications on the phone are usable with the car. Amazing feature really.

Overall install time for me, 3 hours. It only took that long because I decided to cut the factory harness and run new wires since they were so old and the headunit that came with the car had issues that I couldn't isolate to the unit or the wiring being sporadic. It's done now for hopefully the life of the car.

Most of the negative reviews I saw were either about the unit not remembering the date/time or a problem with DLNA. DLNA is a feature that allows you to share things wirelessly like photos and videos with the headunit. It's completely useless since the screen mirroring came out. There isn't a reason for me to use it since I can use the Miracast. Secondly anyone complaining about the time/date doesn't know the difference between constant 12v and ACC wires. Both were non issues on my unit.

My overall impression with it is extremely positive thus far. I went from no music to everything I could ever want. It does exactly what it says it does and it's easy to use once you learn the interface. The Miracast feature is pretty awesome. The only issue I had was sometimes the phone doesn't want to screen mirror with the phone's own wifi turned on. I don't think that's a headunit issue though.

As far as sound quality it's connected to the stock speakers and it sounds good to me. I went in and played with the EQ setting and made it really pop in my opinion. I'm not an audiophile so YMMV but it was more than adequate for my needs.

DVD function also works well. I might just leave a copy of the empire strikes back in there just to hear the audio on long drives.

Calling via the unit is crystal clear through bluetooth and there's an extra mic you can wire in the car for better pickup. I didn't think I'd use this often when I bought it but found myself surprised with how nice it was. It's a bonus. Also bluetooth audio can be configured to play automatically when you start the car. I haven't got around to fixing the antenna on the car and probably never will now that I can play the local radio stations via 4G and then either miracast or bluetooth the audio in the car. Saves me some time and money replacing that old broken power antenna.

Here are some pics of it installed. I scratched the paint I had on the climate control and I'm going to paint the black radio backplate silver but this is a daily driver and not a show car so that doesn't bother me right now. I'll touch it up later and clean up the buttons.

The start up scene when I power on the car. Makes it look stock:

The unit powered off:

Using Miracast to take a picture of the unit... taking a picture of the unit. Is that meta?

On a side note I need to clean the center console even more. It still has a lot of funk from the previous owner.

For the price and the features I don't think you could find a better headunit. Recommended for sure.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    How is the screen response and clarity. Is it a capacitive touch screen?

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Tim_Katarn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It's not bad. I don't know the specs on it but if you look at the other site which should not be named I posted a video of it.