Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Using a Honda AEM EMS on a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

  1. #61
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I think you'd be just fine with the 1/2 watt. I can't find the package from my resistors, but I would guess 1/4 watt 5% tolerance, I got them from radio shack.
    1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - Single Turbo - http://roycormier.net

  2. #62
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
    I went to radioshack and bought pretty much all different wattages since they're only 99c a pack..

    I compared which ones i had to the ones you soldered in and the ones that matched the closest were the 1/8 watt ones.. all the other wattages are longer than the 1/8s
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

  3. #63
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
    Would it be possible to use a stock honda map sensor too?


  4. #64
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm not sure of the specs on the Honda MAP sensors, but I don't think they'd support high enough pressure. The stock MAP sensors I've used in the past on other cars weren't good for more than 5-10 psi.

  5. #65
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Well I'm getting really close to being able to start the car now. I put in oil and coolant tonight so I could turn it over, I've got spark on all 6 cylinders which is good. I just have to put the intake manifold on and buy an alternator belt, then I can finally try to start it.

  6. #66
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
    Sweet im so ready.

  7. #67
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Well I was hoping to have a much longer video than this, but my IACV doesn't seem to be working anymore, so the car won't idle. But at least it runs a bit . I also don't have a wideband yet so it was running way too rich. I'll probably work on it again in a few days and try to make it driveable.

    The squealing in the background is my truck, I had to use it to jump the car since I don't have an alternator belt yet.

    Last edited by Roy; 01-16-2011 at 08:14 PM.

  8. #68
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Cool, I hope you get it going good soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  9. #69
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    ~2006

    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA/Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    867
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Awesome man! So what your saying is I could get a 1050, switch the jumpers, load the 3000GT map, wire it in, and it would work like one meant for a 3000GT? If it doesn't cause any stupid little issues I would so do that!

    Can you use the AEM EMS without the IAT/MAP sensor? Just with a stock setup?

    I wanted to get an AEM for a while but too expensive and since this car is my DD I don't want to risk not being able to tune it, but for $500 I'd try this and swap in my OEM ECU until I get the AEM fully tuned.

  10. #70
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Yeah basically. A friend of mine is running the 1050 on his IS300 and its' been working great for 2 years.

    You can run MAF or MAP. The 3S Basemap is setup for MAF. I ran without an IAT sensor on my other VR4 for a couple of months.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • History
  • Information
  • Groups
  • Events
  • Resources
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net