Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: Using a Honda AEM EMS on a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

  1. #41
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
    Im a newb to aem, is there a base map we could download or something so the car runs correctly? I havent gotten a aem yet, just trying to ask some questions and make sure everything goes well before i jump in too.
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

  2. #42
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Yeah, the AEMPro software comes with basemaps for the 1st and 2nd gen 3000GT/Stealth.
    1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - Single Turbo - http://roycormier.net

  3. #43
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    A company out of California called Specialty Products and Design Makes flanges for our cars if your still looking for a set Roy.

  4. #44
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Cool Thanks, I found a PDF with their prices so I might give them a call next week.

    Well I really hate cold weather and haven't felt like going out in the garage at all lately. So since I was too lazy to get wood for the wood stove, I decided to buy a natural gas heater as a birthday present.

    I went with a fairly small unit, but it has no problem heating the 1050 sq-ft garage since its' insulated pretty well. With the thermostat set at 53 the heater doesn't run very often, and thats warm enough for me to stay out there for a few hours. Luckily the gas line and electrical wiring were already ran a corner in the back of the garage.






  5. #45
    the BOSS of jellow supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    May 2005

    Location
    Dairyland
    Posts
    408
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 52 Times in 30 Posts
    well, that is just awesome. Its about 30-35 deg in my garage, can't really work for more than 1-1.5 hours. I wounder if they make some used oil burner heaters or some like that...
    Those, who stand for nothing, will fall for anything.
    On the Internet you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

  6. #46
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    If you want a wood stove I might be able to sell the one I have, with a bunch of free stove piping too. You'd just have to run it through your roof. But it is nice to be able to just set a temperature and wait for it to warm up.

  7. #47
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post

    Well I really hate cold weather and haven't felt like going out in the garage at all lately. So since I was too lazy to get wood for the wood stove, I decided to buy a natural gas heater as a birthday present.
    God I know what you mean! You live in the wrong place to hate the cold. My car is ready to drive and I can't even bring myself to put the damn bumper on. I can't stand the winter, I do like the snow though .

    Happy birthday!

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  8. #48
    and a 95 too!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    April 2005

    Location
    Door Peninsula
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    You could try Absolute in the valley for waterjet flanges. We buy laser, flame, and waterjets at the shop. If you need help connecting with someone who can help you out let me know and I'll try to help you out.

    Dave
    1995 3000GT VR-4, 1 of 6 identical
    DR-16Ts, ARC2, 550s, supra pump, GReddy FMIC, Tomei BOV, RPS max full face, 3SX fuel rail loop, AEM wideband boost & oil pressure in stock location, Stillen DP, gutted rear pre-cat, Tanabe Touring Medallion catback, HHH datalogger, active aero sim w/3SX splitter, vac redux, Tein S KYB GR-2, Maximal control arms, 3SX poly bushings, ss brake lines, IPS rotors carbotech pads, ABS delete HKS EVC 6, HKS DLI, Maximal powder coat, 5hp chrome twin turbo plate, BSLCDBC

    1999 3000GT VR-4, 1 of 65 identical
    Jack-stand mod for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by steve68 View Post
    it's probably fair to say that I've seen more cranks than a lot of other people on here.

  9. #49
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
    Would a 30-1010 work?

  10. #50
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I would think so. According to the documentation it has enough spare coil and injector outputs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering