Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Classified Verification Overkill

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?...at-do-you-want

So now there's two threads going on the same topic. Decision by poll? On personal information decision? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cjbyron View Post
    I provided my personal info (address, phone) but not good enough. Shows it has been viewed 5 times though.
    Unfortunately it will not let me edit my post or anything. WTF?
    SO, please remove my personal information, delete the post, whatever.
    Thanks.
    Perfect example of "shit happens" regarding personal information. Now viewed 7 times and my personal info still there. Added a Post there to ask that it be removed. Nada. No reply, no removal. I still cannot even EDIT my post of personal information there. Something so many freaked about on another site. Funny.

Not a huge deal to me but it does show the very thing that myself and others have had concern over. i.e.-the handling of personal info.

I've no interest in selling here anymore. Too dramatic for a online car forum. Seriously. Maybe later when it can be done without such intrusive or lengthy methods. If not, that's fine too.

So, thanks anyway, no problems here..................over and out.......

...........Third request - PLEASE DELETE MY POST OF PERSONAL INFORMATION! In the verification section. I would gladly do it but this site will not let me.
    THANKS!

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    OK after reading both threads and looking at the poll many want the verification and just as many seem totally opposed so how can I setup a system to take care of both groups.

I think I have a compromise. (some posted the seed for the idea I just can't find that post)

keep the current verification system but have a system that will let people that just provide name/address to get access to the classifieds. These people would have an icon indicating that they are have not been verified. This puts the decision in the buyers hands.

What do you say?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan92RTTT View Post
    OK after reading both threads and looking at the poll many want the verification and just as many seem totally opposed so how can I setup a system to take care of both groups.

I think I have a compromise. (some posted the seed for the idea I just can't find that post)

keep the current verification system but have a system that will let people that just provide name/address to get access to the classifieds. These people would have an icon indicating that they are have not been verified. This puts the decision in the buyers hands.

What do you say?
    How about the one's that send their information to you via image and DL so that will say "verified" and the other option can show "Paypal Verified".

Not being negative...I just dont know why Paypal cant be a solution.

Charter Member verified
    Owner Since
    Sept. 1991

Thanks
    I think I suggested a two-tier (optional full) verification, and I think this would be a good compromise, leaving the ultimate decision between the parties involved in the actual transaction. I also agree that this whole discussion is rather unfortunate, and probably has soured more than one member. Thanks for working through it with us.
    [SOLD] Black '92 R/T TT
    Tein H springs
    K&N Airfilter
    (119,000 miles -- original owner)

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Fax?

As I mentioned multiple times before, why can't we just send you, Alan, a fax with a copy of our DL (real important info. blacked out) and bill. Then you can store the hard copy on your files. Eliminating the whole internet transaction entirely. But then anybody could use a persons address and bill so there is no real way to determine who is who. Also, some members have old addresses on their DL.

Paypal?

Paypal seems to be the best solution as they have already verified who we are and our Paypal accounts are tied into our bank accounts.
    Last edited by mikeyVR4; 09-13-2010 at 11:15 PM.

i have no bills i have a scan of my license though is that ok?
    06 Mazda6s - Gone
    02 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    95 Subaru Impreza USDM WRX engine JDM STi exterior swap - Sold
    05 Dodge SRT-4 - Sold
    94 Dodge Stealth RT turbo - 99 front end, 13G's with supporting bolt ons

FS: 1)Spec stage5 clutch kit $150 shipped 2)Stealth RT LED taillights $80 shipped 3)Stealth pearl yellow OEM 17's with tires 4)RARE Defi narrowband airfuel gauge $70 shipped 5)DNP Y-pipe with Blitz DD BOV $220 shipped

Runs on alcohol. The car does too. Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    So if I want to get verified, can I PM you my driver's license with the number blacked out and just the address visible? I'm OK with that.

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'll get setup for fax I just need some time for that.

If possible I just want two things with name and address. In the electronic age that may not be possible.

Why not paypal verification? It takes too long and the point is address verification. It does not get us contact information.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'll get setup for fax I just need some time for that.

If possible I just want two things with name and address. In the electronic age that may not be possible.

Why not paypal verification? It takes too long and the point is address verification. It does not get us contact information.
    The fax option would definitely be a go for me.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have already submittd using the origional setup. I'm happy as long as you delete everything and only keep a hard copy.