Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much power before i have tk upgrade

Audio Fanatic Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yes, what Jake said. If you need help planning.. post up your goals and budget.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The only reason I would go different sizes is more for a show aspect. Im still tossing around ideas on what to do. I plan to do all alpine (Except my deck speakers). Right now I have to figure out if Im going to keep my back seat. If I ditch the back seat I will turn it into one big show box. Im more interested in aesthetics and sound quality over how loud. Realistically I will prob just get an EBAY box for now until I figure it all out. The main point of this thread was to find out if I could run a 1k amp for the subs without overloading the system. Beyond that Im not 100% sure on how I want my system. Ive been working on the performance of the car and now that is almost done Im starting to look at the other parts of the car.

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since
    FALL '11

Thanks
    Like I said, 1KW RMS power would be the upper limit of what I would run with the stock alternator, and it still may not like it a whole lot depending on too many variables to count.

If you're interested in aesthetics I would still go with one size. And for sound quality, definitely. Quality bass is all about making it seamless, both in matching the level with the rest of your music and blending it into your car. It shouldn't sound like it's coming from the rear of the vehicle, it should sound up front just like the rest of your music. If you can localize it, you've either got it too loud, you've got rattles (also cause distortion), or you've created distortion in some other design aspect or with low quality components. Regardless of your source of distortion, you quickly slip away from the quality you're looking for.

Jake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12