Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebirth of a street beast

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    I spoke to Devilsown and they said the limit of a single pump (their pump, and allowing for proper atomization) was roughly 32gph out of the nozzles for a diesel application (higher boost) so our lower (relatively) boost pressures should be able to get away with a little bit more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mb3000 For This Useful Post:

Low & Slow verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Nice, I should be more than safe with what my snow 100cc/min x6 will flow then. Would you suggest going with the 3/8" feed with this setup as well?
    Are you using compression style fittings, AN fittings, or the push on type? The 1/4" compression fitting's ferrule reduces the opening and that is the reason I upgraded the feed. The outlet of the pump has a 3/8" tee that reduces into two 1/4" feeds. AN and push on type connections have better flow capabilities as the oriface isn't reduced. Actual flow testing will be THE way to tell as the pumps, while rated at 300psi, certainly drop pressure as flow increases. They flow 1gal/min with no restriction. My system flows near half that and adding more flow only drops the pressure the system creates as the flow just isn't there to support the pressure. Once pressure drops, atomization drops. I figure my system to be running near 105psi with the feed fixed. Prior to that, the flow testing suggested ~85psi. This is with the pumps regulator 1/4 turn off max. Pull 28psi away from that because of the boosted intake and the pressure should drop below 60psi which isn't good. Even though Devil's Own advertises atomization down to 40psi, I don't want to risk running liquid into the combustion chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by mb3000 View Post
    I spoke to Devilsown and they said the limit of a single pump (their pump, and allowing for proper atomization) was roughly 32gph out of the nozzles for a diesel application (higher boost) so our lower (relatively) boost pressures should be able to get away with a little bit more.
    At 1800ml/min my setup will be at 28.5gph. At 1960ml/min with the 3rd nozzle it will be at 31.1gph. Like I said before, it'll be close to the limits. Thanks a bunch for this information as it reinforces my theory of the system being near maxed.

Jeff

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I haven't crunched the numbers, but I wonder at what point a fuel pump might work better.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Low & Slow verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would think flow would not be the concern. The high pressure would be the killer of something like a Walbro. Most fuel injection pumps have bypass at 85psi. The methanol pumps run way more pressure than that all the time.

My Aeromotive Stealth pumps 1.5gpm. MB has posted where the new Walbro's can out do that. The Devil's Own pump can only do 1gpm. Flow wouldn't be a problem at all.

Jeff

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    the walbro 416 flow chart showed decent flow over 100 psi

may still not be enough
    Last edited by Chris@Rvengeperformance; 05-09-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Low & Slow verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    All parts have shipped from Pampena. As long as everything fits like stock, it freaking should, it will be up and running in no time. The thrash begins Friday. In the meantime I am finishing the install of the new methanol setup. Going with 3 nozzles.

It's looking vey promising to make an appearance at the NG.

Jeff

Low & Slow verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Mains are clearanced. Crank is installed. Rings are gapped. Rods are all installed on pistons. 2 of 6 holes are full.

Bottom end should be done tomorrow.

Jeff

Edit: New methanol setup is nearly complete.

I don't bite
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Good progress!

So what are you planning on changing from last build/tune to keep it alive?
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Installing remote doorbell to avoid the annoying knockers...

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

The Panda Not Verified
    Owner Since
    01/11/06

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kywhitelightning View Post
    Mains are clearanced. Crank is installed. Rings are gapped. Rods are all installed on pistons. 2 of 6 holes are full.

Bottom end should be done tomorrow.

Jeff

Edit: New methanol setup is nearly complete.
    sounds dirty!

Ported heads, IPS 2mm oversized valves, Delta 264/272 cams, 3SX High rev valve springs, 3SX cam gears,
    Merkel 6g72 3.5L BILLET crank stroker (going in this summer), 3sx poly motor mounts
    IPS EvoIII turbo kit, HKS SSQV bov, ETS anodized FMIC, AEM intake filters, Tanabe Turbo Back Concept G Blue Exhaust,
    HKS DLI, Ultra spark plug wires, Denso iridium IK24 spark plugs,
    JSPEC trans, Ultimate Performance short throw shifter, Spec carbon twin disk clutch, PST aluminum 2 piece drive shaft,
    Denso Supra fuel pump, RC 750cc fuel injectors, AEM Fuel pressure regulator,
    AEM wideband & boost gauge, AEM EMS in speed density,
    Addco sway bars, DBA 4000 drilled & slotted rotors, Enkei PF01 18x9 +45, BFGoodrich g-froce KDW 245/40/R18