Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebirth of a street beast

I don't bite Feedback Score 0 familyMAN's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kywhitelightning View Post
    Lag is a shift away from fun.

IIRC Matt was discussing them one time in a thread on 3si and I'm pretty sure he said they were 2mm larger than the 19T compressor. 51mm is sticking in my head for some reason.

The turbine should be the same as the HL.

Jeff
    In case anyone didn't get my sarcasm...lag comment was a joke

With an extra 2mm they would be closer to 59-60mm on exducer. From stealth 316, 19ts are almost exactly the same size inducer/exducer on comp wheel as my 14bs. 2mm more would put them around small 16g size on exducer but bigger on the inducer if the 750's are larger than 19t.

Not that it matters. Just curious. I don't think there is anyway I could get 700whp out of my turbos (without some giggle juice) and wanted to see how far off on sizing I am.
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 fastfalcon94's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Subscribing. I was thinking the same thing with the surge. I would rather have a laggy turbo than surge. I hope you are getting all of these parts shipped to your work address so the better half doesn't find out

Twin Turbo verified Feedback Score 5 (100%) GTOJOE's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Sub'd

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, HKS Twin Power DLI, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
    Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors.

Build Thread

Low & Slow verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) kywhitelightning's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by familyMAN View Post
    In case anyone didn't get my sarcasm...lag comment was a joke

With an extra 2mm they would be closer to 59-60mm on exducer. From stealth 316, 19ts are almost exactly the same size inducer/exducer on comp wheel as my 14bs. 2mm more would put them around small 16g size on exducer but bigger on the inducer if the 750's are larger than 19t.

Not that it matters. Just curious. I don't think there is anyway I could get 700whp out of my turbos (without some giggle juice) and wanted to see how far off on sizing I am.
    I have to do some digging through my subscriptions on 3SI but, I did save it for that reason as he rarely talks about sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
    Subscribing. I was thinking the same thing with the surge. I would rather have a laggy turbo than surge. I hope you are getting all of these parts shipped to your work address so the better half doesn't find out
    LMFAO. She knows about all the parts as she see's the pile growing. She is just unaware of the level of expense. She has an idea but, the block and turbo expense blew my budget completely. I could have gotten Greg's motor and rebuilt the turbos for about the same but once I committed to this path I had to follow through. I also plan to take it to the NG and she understands the expedited nature of this build. I am also putting nothing but the best in it this time as there was wear on some items that I didn't like so literally EVERYTHING in the bottom end will be new. The heads are being cleaned by me with the lifters being replaced and you all have already seen the cams.

Had the NG not been in my home state; I probably wouldn't worry about it as much but, this is a vacation my wife and I will not miss as we get to drop the kids off with their grandparents and we get to act like teenagers again. I can't wait to put my mom behind the wheel of 600+AWHP and see the reaction. She was visiting last year before the NG and I had blown a meth line causing a serious lack of power the last time she rode in it ~450WHP. This year will be way different.

Jeff

Edit: I found where TSB seems to know the sizes of the compressor 47mm inducer and 58mm exducer. Obviously, my original thoughts from memory were a bit off.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f142/dr-750...53/index3.html

There is another thread somewhere on 3SI where Matt gives the dimensions. I just haven't found it yet.
    Last edited by kywhitelightning; 04-02-2014 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Stopping the flow of misinformation

One fix at a time verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) TurboSinceBirth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I don't think he ever gave the full specs on the turbos since it's a "trade secret." The compressor inducer is 47mm for sure same size as a 20T wheel. He didn't go bigger than that due to longevity issues with the turbos coming apart which I have a feeling was why my MTC turbos did the same thing given the bigger compressor/turbine mismatch. I don't see the compressor wheel exducer being bigger than 58mm. It's not like it matters much. The 9 blade TD04HL hotside is where the real gains are at. I loved mine and went back with them again because the top end is a huge improvement over the 12 blade HL standard turbine. It can keep up with the compressor wheel and doesn't really hurt spool. I saw positive boost by 2200 rpms and 32 psi by 3300.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
    and 32 psi by 3300.
    nom nom
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 HellBringer's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Kickass, man! This car will be an absolute street BEAST!

1993.5 Supra TT 6sp Hardtop -- old school 74MM setup: 10.4 @ 138MPH 1/2 mile - 166MPH - new setup #'s soon! [Previously 468WHP & 11.3 @ 125MPH stock twins]
    1994 Supra TT 6sp -- 11.8 @ 118MPH basic BPU
    1999 3000GT VR-4 -- 12.5 @ 108MPH 100% stock w/ Chromed ECU tune
    2003 Denali XL -- Grocery Getter & Tow Rig -- Runs 13's! (mpg)
    Formerly:
    1994 Supra 6sp - 72mm, VPC, stock longblock -- 722WHP & 10.36 @ 139.5MPH
    1993 Stealth RT/TT; 2003 Corvette Z06; 1997 3000GT VR-4; 2002 Corvette Z06;
    1999 3000GT; 1992 Stealth RT/TT; 1993.5 Supra TT; 1993 3000GT; 1992 3000GT VR-4;
    1998 Trans AM WS6; 1992 Talon TSi; 1993 3000GT VR-4; and many others..

Owner Since

Thanks
    Baby steps but progress is once again being made. The heads are clean. After many baths in soapy water, using pipe cleaners through all the oil galleys, and some time with a dremel and SOS pads they are looking good. I am going to check the valves for a good seal and lap if neccesary tomorrow and hopefully have them fully assembled by the end of the week. The before pics are raunchy at best as I deleted them from my phone and found that they are still there and can only be accessed in thumbnail format. No biggie, you get the idea though.

Before on the exhaust side.

Before combustion chamber.

After exhaust side.

After combustion chamber.

Cleaned topside.

They aren't perfect but, I'm happy with the result. I wasn't going to mess with the valve guides so some carbon had to be overlooked.

Ray came through with the rods and I goofed pretty badly by waiting for the rods before I bought pistons. If Ray couldn't get me the rods in time I was going to go with his pistons as there is a lead time involved. If he could, I was going to get the same 3SX pistons that were in it the last time as they were off the shelf items before and I called to verify they had them in stock. The day Ray called to tell me the rods were in I called 3SX to order the pistons and they were out of stock with a month of lead time. I called Ray back and had him make me a set of his and I am waiting for probably another 2 weeks for them to be done. Once I get them I will thrash to get this thing together and hopefully the car can make the NG.

Jeff

Owner Since

Thanks
    The oil pan is taking a bath right now as it has already had quite a bit of solvent through it. The bearing material hides in places you can't see and you have to get creative to get it all out. It'll be done later today.

The new crank and flywheel are cleaned of the cosmeline and the new block is next for cleaning.

I will also be doing steering rack boots today as the passenger one is torn. I may get the proposed new methanol setup tested too.

Jeff

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Awesome! Keep us posted.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast