Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Portable Car Lift - $1999 w/ Free Shipping

  1. #11
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    Very nice. What brand and $? Can you show a pic of the extensions you mention?
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  2. #12
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Owner Since
    2013

    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm half way around the world, so I'll post a pic from the site. Basically all these lifts have various rubber pads that go on the pinch welds on our cars. The extensions are 3" or 6" or 9" combined Alum pegs that go in the plate and the rubber pads fit into the hole in the peg on the top. These are used for trucks and cars with a large ground clearance.

    Mine is a Bendpak MD-6XP default lift is 48" but with the truck / high clearance car adapters it's about 60". I got mine on special from a dealer in Pontiac, MI area. They had one left and wanted to clear it from inventory before the new year. I got it for 1599 plus $300 setup and delivery. They sold all kinds of lifts and were the only one that said they could deliver to my house. All the other places want to freight it to a depot then have me hire a flat bed wrecker to drive it the 40 some miles from the freight depot to my house.

    I compared the Chinese unit to the Bendpak, and they are 99% same. The Bendpak is made in the USA, but the Chinese version is the same looks like they copied it. So the harbor freight unit looks just like this one same rating same safety etc. Have a friend with one of the Harbor Freight units in IN he's had no issues at all after 1.5 years. The Bendpak usually costs more than the Chinese made ones but I got lucky.

    My extensions are a little different than this these, they are solid AL and are stackable not welded to the pad.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elderloc For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    Thank you for the info.

  5. #14
    Mad JDM Tite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    STL
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 88 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderloc View Post
    I'm half way around the world, so I'll post a pic from the site. Basically all these lifts have various rubber pads that go on the pinch welds on our cars. The extensions are 3" or 6" or 9" combined Alum pegs that go in the plate and the rubber pads fit into the hole in the peg on the top. These are used for trucks and cars with a large ground clearance.

    Mine is a Bendpak MD-6XP default lift is 48" but with the truck / high clearance car adapters it's about 60". I got mine on special from a dealer in Pontiac, MI area. They had one left and wanted to clear it from inventory before the new year. I got it for 1599 plus $300 setup and delivery. They sold all kinds of lifts and were the only one that said they could deliver to my house. All the other places want to freight it to a depot then have me hire a flat bed wrecker to drive it the 40 some miles from the freight depot to my house.

    I compared the Chinese unit to the Bendpak, and they are 99% same. The Bendpak is made in the USA, but the Chinese version is the same looks like they copied it. So the harbor freight unit looks just like this one same rating same safety etc. Have a friend with one of the Harbor Freight units in IN he's had no issues at all after 1.5 years. The Bendpak usually costs more than the Chinese made ones but I got lucky.

    My extensions are a little different than this these, they are solid AL and are stackable not welded to the pad.

    How hard is it to move around the garage? Can you flip it up on its side for storage or is it too heavy?

  6. #15
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Owner Since
    2013

    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    it's very easy to move around the pump/control acts as a dolly you put it in the hole in the frame pull back and it moves very easy. As for standing it up I would recommend something screwed into the wall that you could strap it to. The unit weights about 900 pounds for obvious reasons it lifts 6000+ LBS so it has to be made of solid stuff, some parts are 3/4" steel. I'm probably going to recess mine into the cement. Not only will it give me 2-4" more clearance from the garage door track, but I will never have any issues driving over it. Speaking of that with the arms folded in and the lowest pads siting on it I was able to drive the 3000gt over it. If you have another car like an Accord or Fusion etc you wouldn't have any issues at all for sure.

    It would be nice to be able to walk under the car for some things but really there are few things you need to do that for. There were no issues in my experience. I removed the transfer case, driveshaft, exhaust and all the things required to remove those in about 30 minutes with this lift. It's been a big time saver and the single best piece of equipment I have bought.

    I know it looks expensive and for some it's a bit much to bite off at once but it has already paid off in my time. Hell I did a few oil changes for family and it's about a quarter of the way paid for. I have a friend that's going to pay me a few hundred to use it this summer when I'm done with the front end restoration. Believe me it's a good investment if you can find the capital and there are ways to make money off it.
    Last edited by Elderloc; 03-28-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering