Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 537

Thread: The 2014 College Football Thread.

  1. #291
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    If he had stolen something I would have made a joke about Auburn picking him up. Unless he stole the poor girl's virginity, in which case I'd feel even more terrible.

  2. #292
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    So Texas exceeded my expectations in spite of all the worst-case scenario injuries and became bowl eligible. The offense is clearly still a work in progress, but the team has won 3 in a row (@Tech, WVU, @OSU), and shown the ability to dominate an opponent. TCU is in for a fight on Thanksgiving. I will not be at all surprised if Texas beats TCU and Baylor stumbles to knock the B12 out of the playoffs. I was happy to see Mizzou beat A&M because I want this rising Texas team to pound that sinking A&M team in some Toilet Bowl.
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  3. #293
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    TCU has got to get their shit together if they're going to make a run at the playoff. Honestly, they have no business being there. Nor does any B12 team, this year.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  4. #294
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I hope not lol

    I'd say AJ has played his last game for TN. Unless it's total BS, even if it is I don't see him playing.

    I was just thinking the other day that this team has really kept their nose clean.
    I like AJ, ran into him a few times where I lived before I got the house. One of the nicest guys I've ever met, and has his head on straight.

    If allegations are true, very disheartening. If untrue, its a shame what people will do for attention.

    Either way, I agree he has probably played his last down as a Vol, but I expect nothing will come of it and he will still go in the first two rounds of the draft. May be a blessing in disguise (see: Gurley, Todd.)
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

  5. #295
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    Scottsbluff, NE
    Posts
    872
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sergechronos View Post
    what can happen when you force a regime change for merely being "good" and not great.
    I get you. I fully expect that if we fire Pelini we'll end up with Brady Hoke because nobody else will take the job lol. I would be completely happy with what Pelini has done so far if it wasn't for getting straight embarrassed almost every time we play a good team. But once you've given up the most yards EVER by a single running back in a game, something has to change. Ultimately I think Pelini is too stubborn to make the changes necessary to take the next step, so he's gotta go.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
    Mods: DR750s, BC Sportsman rods, Ross pistons, ACT HD 6 puck clutch, 5 speed transmission, 300M output shaft, Broomfield racing billet transfer case housings, Spectre air filter, GM 3.75" MAF w/translator, DN Pre-turbo pipes, Pampena/CX Racing dual core FMIC, M2 Performance turbo-back exhaust, Walbro 450lph E85 pump, SXPerformance fuel filter, stainless fuel feed lines, EK2 Mfg fuel rails, SXPerformance AFPR, 1000cc Bosch injectors, 99 VR4 replica ECU w/ Chrome for tuning, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Spark, Blitz SBC i-D boost controller, IPS oil cooler, Intrax springs on KYB GR2 struts, Enkei Kojin 18X9.5 +30, Nexen N3000s, 99 front end, carbon fiber steering wheel, Pioneer AVH-X2600BT, JL C2 6.5" and 6"x9" speakers, free 4 channel amp for subs (LOL), twin Alpine 10" type E subs.

    Made 608whp/631wtrq on Pampena's dyno @ 31 psi.

  6. #296
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Muschamp is a good coach who was just too indifferent to his offense and offensive hires. Give him a good OC and watch out. Nebraska or Michigan could do a lot worse.

    I wonder if Florida will over-correct and go for someone that specializes O and neglects D like Art Briles. I'd hate to see that for the B12 (it would probably crater Baylor), but I'd love to see year 2 of Briles at Florida.
    Last edited by AdamVR4; 11-17-2014 at 07:32 PM.

  7. #297
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
    Muschamp is a loony. And im sorry if you are good coach how do fail so badly with the talent the gators have? He is the coach he runs the ship. Rich Rod inherited a good team, and so did Muschamp.

    If Urban had stayed they would be much better. Same thing happened to Mack Brown.. He got burnt out, great recruiting classes, millions and millions of dollars but no hunger and no drive. You have to motivate these players. If you watch OSU coaches, holy crap I want to sign up and play.



    I think Texas is turning now and I think Texas can beat TCU.
    real 3s'ers have NoCar transfer cases...

  8. #298
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    The Big House.
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Arguably one of, if not the, best player on our team, Frank Clark (DE), was dismissed this morning for domestic violence charges stemming from this weekend. He was a known douche bag around campus (he had previously been arrested for B&E and stealing a laptop, as well as a DUI), it just sucks his gf and her siblings had to find out this way. If he's convicted, hopefully no NFL team will touch him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    I believe every word and have said time and time again that our fans are complete d*cks. I don't even like dealing with most of them and I'm a fan of the team. I went to the game with a girl and she is an AU fan. she wasn't mistreated by anyone but I was with her so people knew better.

    I personally saw several AU fans catch some serious shit. one poor kid was standing waiting for the bus and some kid walked by bumping into him on purpose talking shit. the kid just stood there and said good game. I was ready to step in but the agressor kept walking. Georgia fans suck, no getting around that and frankly if I could I'd jump ship based on that alone.


    No better time to become a Wolverine fan than now! There's no possible way anyone could ever accuse you of being 'fair-weather'!

  9. #299
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
    No better time to become a Wolverine fan than now! There's no possible way anyone could ever accuse you of being 'fair-weather'!
    Yeah, but you'd still have to live with being a Michigan fan.. :vomit:

    Almost as bad as being an Ohio State fan.

  10. #300
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    The Big House.
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sergechronos View Post
    Yeah, but you'd still have to live with being a Michigan fan.. :vomit:

    Almost as bad as being an Ohio State fan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering