seems like it
seems like it
^Yup!
I already knew the gamble that I was taking after seeing Jeff's results with 19T's and meth back in 2010 on stock bottom.
19T-L's 594AWHP/551AWTQ - Page 11 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3/S Street Tuner San Diego's Panda VR-4 v.3 w/ 38psi (peak) on E85+Meth | 3094 lbs as of 7/2/19
'92 VR-4 - Fully built, AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, suspension, and corner balancing | '10 EVO X SE | '04 EVO VIII SSL
4/1/21 - "retuned" est. 570AWHP VD SAE (580 U/C | second gear | 88°F) holding ~30psi (more boost & less timing still... hehe)
On the side (v.4): IPS single turbo kit w/ GReddy 70mm, BC 3.4 billet stroker crank, BC gears, Italo billet oil pump gears, etc.
"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."
Alright cool. Good luck with the rebuild!
Sticking with 19t's or going bigger?
Too much meth??
Actually, it was too little methanol. I found leaks later that I never posted about. That is why it knocked and the knock bent the rod. The push on type fittings that all the injection places like to sell are freaking junk. I have converted the whole system to brass compression style fittings and no more leak issues. Prolonged 500+whp will eventually break things but that incident was because of the lack of octane.
Jeff

I'm glad I didn't throw a rod through like that.
Parting 6 speed
Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace
OEM bearings are not up to a 600hp task for very long. When you bend a rod its because you had a misfire or you hydrolocked said cylinder. Window'd blocks/bent rods are typically user/mechanical error.
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks