Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prove it, Damn

Prove it, Damn

We had out TX gathering and did the dyno thing but the race track got rained out.
    So those that dynoed well just took home Quickest Trophies for that class. Cool, I get a quickest trophy and never had to run. Nice trophy too. But now the skies are clear and we have decided to put the trophies up for grabs. So NOW I Must PROVE myself worthy of the trophy. Grrrrr. No LSD, No slicks. Crap, This is going to be tough. Best I know of is Compugeeks 3.5 that runs 14.71 at 97 MPH. I have to beat that.
    It all happens friday night. If there are any NA guys that would like to give this a shot at taking this trophy from me. Bring it on.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    good luck! would love to see what this car runs

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Video please .

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I got a 15.08 @ 106 on my first and only drag run, different chassis but damn I am aiming for a 14.5 with some grip!

What tyres are you running GT? Some KU36's, RE001's or any other semi-slick would be perfect for the track.
    Last edited by TUFFTR; 10-07-2010 at 04:07 AM.

Tires

Well for now I am stuck running these 18" Fusion ZR1s. Not rel grippy for the way I drive on the road, but pridictable through the all wheel slides when going through the turns. As for running them at the track this week end, I will most likely drop to 22 psi or less and give it my best shot. If I can get the traction off the line, I would like to get a flat 14.0 with about 103 MPH. Still am on an NA ECU and have a check engine light. I will try to check out the cel tonight. Would love to be the fist NA to brake 100 at the track and love to be looking that those 13s in the eye. I am hoping with the reinstallment of the ram air will help. We will just have to see. I am going to try and barrow a set of drag radials. But not sure if it will happen.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Don, I wish you luck man hopefully you can borrow some radials, I would love to see you break 14's

Ended up running these 3 or 4 year old ZR1s. Did ok for the first pass. 14.680 @ 98.3 MPH and was not bad for these tires. Still a bit of traction problems but the track was good. Went for second run and over heated the tires and just became greasy. I also missed 2nd gear so that run was a waist. For the 3rd run I drove around the water box and just gave the tires a little push. This time they felt good so I was about to have a really good run. The lights came down the tree, I gave it a good shot at slipping the clutch and BOOM. The tires had a good bite and the trans did not like it. Left the diff, oil and a bunch of shinny parts on the track. So my first run get me all the trophies and that's a good night.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Great time!!!! What RPM were you launching at?
    I'd love to say I've broken the 100MPH but I'm not a 3s which sorta sucks.

I gather you have a few spare transmissions? I have 2 spare's here I've purchased for a grand total of $120 lol

I was trying to be the first to brake 100 with this platform NA. I see that is not all that far away. Good tires and an LSD will do that. This was only the 2nd time running at a track for me. I'm an OLD fart and not all the good at launching and realy was not trying to brake the car. My third launch was only 2800 or so and that was enough. It not power that brakes things, but the lack off. Had I been around 3200, the tires would taken the load, broke traction, and left the trans intact. And I woulkd still have a trans. Grrrrr. No extras. Same thing happed NG09 than never worked on it till June this year. I will let the car set for awhile and ponder the next move.
    Last edited by GTwizard; 10-09-2010 at 12:03 PM.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Nothing like breaking the diff on the launch. It sucks man. Its because of all my breaks that I have decided I am no longer, ever again going to race the car. One of these days when I can take it off the road I am going to give it a return to some comfort, with the ability to still be driven aggressively on the streets when I feel the urge. Other than that, no more launches.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM