Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to revamp the Stereo in the Stealth

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    So I got the power distribution panel finished today. This panel will be mounted to the stock rear strut channel. It will be the only thing visible when the rear seats are down. this panel only have the power for the amps. Everything else will have power come through a separate fused block as I don't like feeding power off the same block/lines as the amps as it can caused voltage fluctuations in the lines. the capacitor is an old Blackmore 2 fared cap which will be more than enough reserve power for the two amps I have running.I have had this cap for about 10 years now and it looked like crap. So I wrapped in a CF vinyl I had which came out real nice minus the damn dent in the cap which I can't fix....

Left side is the fuse block, right side is the grounding block. Picture makes them look crooked but they are all mounted straight.

Rear speakers showed up today so I'll get them installed as soon as I can. Looks like we are going to get about 6" of snow tonight so I won't be able to get anything done the next couple days most likely...

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Owner Since

Thanks
    Little more progress. I started to lay out the amps and processors in the trunk and realized I had too many things to fit in the space I had. So I had to relocate the small Alpine amp that was powering the front tweeters. I decided to move it under the passenger seat. This means I had to cut out the carpet and padding to mount it to the floor as that was the only way to get it under there and the seat to still be able to move.

I also got the rear speakers installed along with the power distribution panel all mounted. I started running some of the power wires and the RCA's. I may have to build risers for the main amp and processors so I can cleanly run the wires. Running them under the hinged panel will not work as they will be touching the spare tire which I don't want as it may rub through the wires in time.

The best part is I found a leak in the trunk. Somehow water is getting into the rear hatch through the trunk lid. When I open it up the trunk lid spills water out and I have a nice little puddle of water in the trunk floor. Luckily I have been covering up all the wood in the trunk with the old spare tire panel and carpet so it all stayed dry. So either the water is coming in through the rear window molding mount points, or the tape I used over the rear wing holes is leaking water in. I started my re-attaching the rear window trim. I added silicone around the little plastic clips in the trunk lid and siliconed the clips themselves in. Needless to say, the back of the silicone tube opened up and I have a big ass glob of black silicone on the trunk lid...

So I'm going to wait until it dries completely to remove it as that should minimise the mess..

My last power/fuse distribution block what will power the processors and other low power items came in today so that should take car of the items I am missing to finish the wiring. I still need to build 2 battery mounts/tie downs so I can mount the battery in the engine bay and one in the rear.

I also lucked out and got a new Alternator regulator from RockAuto for about $70.00. So I'll be rebuilding my alternator to get the most out of it and make sure it is in top notch.

My other issue is a damn leaking passenger side front axle seal. I replaced it with a new OEM one that cost me almost $40 but I think I pinched the axle bore portion of the seal installing it and it is leaking again because of it. So I order some Beck/Arnley seals at $5.00 each from Rockauto to swap it out again. Atleast this time I have 3 spare ones to get it right...LOL

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I don't think the beck/arney seals fit the TT models. I had a thread here somewhere about which aftermarket ones actually work.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    I don't think the beck/arney seals fit the TT models. I had a thread here somewhere about which aftermarket ones actually work.
    Guess I'll find out this week....LOL. Let me know which ones are correct if you come across it.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Perfect, Thanks!

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    I have had this cap for about 10 years now and it looked like crap. So I wrapped in a CF vinyl I had which came out real nice minus the damn dent in the cap which I can't fix....
    Hey Greg, could you fill the dent with body putty/bondo and then re-cover again with CF vinyl?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Great thread as always, Greg- Have you ran an epicenter before?

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Epicenter is OK, I like Phoenix Gold's Bass C.U.B.E. more. Finding one can be an issue.

94 3500gt vr2? verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Man, you never disappoint, lol