Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 98-99 Digital Climate Control conversion

Never finishes any verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) DrGonzo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Great work everyone!!

Considering how cheap the Diamante DCC's are this is a great option. Ebay has used ones listed as low as $30.00.

Couple Questions?

1. The Diamante one replaces the computer in the center console "Long thin black box" or the one under the Pass kick panel?

2. Is the only major difference in the cases the mounting tabs? if so I could just fab up brackets to use the diamante case considering how rare the 99 ones are.

Seeing as Shooter posted the wiring I'm going to pick up a diamante one for $30 and see what I can d about making a harness based off your answers. I hate the current 3S DCC. they break to easily and cost a small fortune to replace. When the blow they are pretty much dead and need to be replaced anyway. I would rather that be a $30 part then a couple hundred...

I stumbled across Shooters video I'll add to this also:

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Member Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    Great work everyone!!

Considering how cheap the Diamante DCC's are this is a great option. Ebay has used ones listed as low as $30.00.

Couple Questions?

1. The Diamante one replaces the computer in the center console "Long thin black box" or the one under the Pass kick panel?

2. Is the only major difference in the cases the mounting tabs? if so I could just fab up brackets to use the diamante case considering how rare the 99 ones are.

Seeing as Shooter posted the wiring I'm going to pick up a diamante one for $30 and see what I can d about making a harness based off your answers. I hate the current 3S DCC. they break to easily and cost a small fortune to replace. When the blow they are pretty much dead and need to be replaced anyway. I would rather that be a $30 part then a couple hundred...

I stumbled across Shooters video I'll add to this also:

The mounting tabs are different, the wiring is different, you'll need diamante male connectors and 3000gt female connectors and you can make an adapter harness. You'll still need to map out the 3000gt side of the connection as that hasn't been done yet. I've confirmed many of the wires match in color while a few are different, however if any of the wires are done incorrectly you can burn out a sensor or module. I won't be able to get to that for a while since I don't have my car readily available

Owner Since

Thanks
    So I went through the wiring this morning as I am bored at work...lol. So the diamante unit will replace the display, black control unit under the display and the lock controller box located under the passenger side foot panel. I got about 90% of things mapped out but others just don't make sense to me and a lot of stuff is missing.

Here is what I have found control wise missing in the Diamante wiring that exists in the 3S wiring.

AIR CONDITIONING COMPRESSOR LOCK CONTROLLER FUNCTIONS
    condensor fan motor relay - will not turn on the fan

it also controls the clutch being engaged

Damper control is missing some inputs as the position sensors are all three wires but the Diamante control only list 2

Fan motor and transistor don't really match up either. I am assuming 51-52 match up to pins 1-2 but I don't know which is which...

Here is the wiring as I have it mapped out now. Someone please go over this to double check the work. The wiring is color coded to represent the unit the wires come out of. Most of the wiring is contained to the A/C control unit.
    I upload to Google docs so you can see it better, it's view only permissions though so it doesn't get messed up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

Owner Since

Thanks
    So looking a little closed at Tensecs2fame wiring I was able to figure out the rest of the Blend Air Position controls and updated the Google doc.

I also found out that the lock controller control both the fans and the clutch. I was assuming this was two different circuits but then realized the two diagrams connect.... DUH So that means that the pin 13 "REFRIGERANT TEMP SENSOR" is actually what controls the clutch and fan relay circuit... So that has been updated also.

So the last Item I have is the "DUAL HI-LOW SWITCH" which I believe connects to the blower motor relay pin 101 on the control unit. Seeing as the rest of the unit is +12V I would need someone to confirm that pin 101 on the 3S unit or pin 36 G-W is a grounded switch. My unit is not in yet so I can't test it myself just yet. Considering this seems to be the last thing on the list and everything else is connected, this should be the right one...

Owner Since

Thanks
    So on my lunch break I swung by the junk yard and got a unit and the wiring harness for it. I really just needed the harness as I ordered a unit from ebay. Either way they were the same price and I have one to test with and another to install. The one I got came out of a 2001 and I noticed for the most part the wiring is correct, except for a few things.

It looks like the 2000+ did not have the A/C compressor safety where it would shut off the A/C if it saw the belt slipping. This was to save the car as if the compressor locked up it would break the belt. Looking over the circuit the functionality is still there I just need to add in more wires for it. I may just use it without as the last two times my compressor went out it was squealing like a bitch so that is enough safety for me...LOL

it also looks like this unit has a built in interior temp sensor. I took it apart to clean it and the sensor is mounted right on the front of the unit.

I also have two other wires W-R at pin 12 and G-O at pin 34. I am assuming these are for the defrost and outside temp. Should be easy to figure out.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Seems like you're on the right path. I have a link to a manufacturer that can replicate the diamante connectors that I'll send to you later. They may or may not make the 3000gt side too. I don't have easy access to my car so I can't confirm that. Just hook me up with a harness

Owner Since

Thanks
    Keep in mind the initial chart I posted is for a 1998-1999 digital climate control and may be different to a diamante harness

Owner Since

Thanks
    Considering most of the wiring colors match up with the stealth ones in the same spots I don't think they changed throughout the years besides removing the compressor check and the two extra wires.

I got mine to power up and illuminate. the bulbs for the screen are out so I have to go get new ones. the screen works if I shine a light in the holes...LOL

I'm having a hard time tracking down a diamante manual so if anyone has one please let me know.

What I also found that is interesting is that the connectors for the diamante control are the same as the ones for the 3S control unit under the display. for the mast part they contain the same wires minus a couple small changes. it may be possible to just re-pin the stock one to work with the diamante one...

Owner Since

Thanks
    I have a diamante manual I'll send you when I'm home too

Owner Since

Thanks
    So I looked over the wiring diagrams that you sent and everything looks to be the same minus one main thing. Pin 10 is a 5v shared lead to multiple different sensors, thermo, water, outside temp and both potentiometers share this 5v lead. Looking at the 3s diagram, they don't share a common 5v pin. The 5v goes into the blend air damper. the air inlet sensor shares a line from the interior sensor which is built into the Diamante unit and the air thermo sensor shares a line off the mode selection damper. So some wiring will have to be modified through out the car also. Once I figure out where all of the wiring lives in the car I can figure out how to share the lines. Basically what I need to do is splice the 5v going into the blend air damper, into the air thermo and air inlet sensors so they all have a common 5v into pin 10

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast