Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to new location?

Forum User Feedback Score 0 DrkZide's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Moving to new location?

Ok so I've been tossing around the idea of moving somewhere, just not sure where. I'm in Denver now. I like the abundance of outdoor activities here and I like the snow. Girls here are pretty cute too (I like blondes lol) and from what I could tell CU is a decent school.

I used to live in California, looking at O.C. or LA and I miss the beach. Yes, I know it's expensive and I know CARB is a bitch, but aside from that, I like the environment, I love the beach and of course, girls there are cute too and more in abundance.

Second choice would be Texas, particularly Dallas or Austin. I'm not sure if I like all the flat land so much, UT seems to be a good school as well and of course, lots of pretty blondes. I heard the cities are nice and there's plenty of stuff to do as well.

What do you guys think?

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit
    "De Oppresso Liber" - "Nous Defions"

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would never live in LA personally but the other two locations are nice. Austin and Boulder (Boulder especially) are outrageously liberal schools/cities as a heads up.

Have the NEED 4 SPEED.. verified Feedback Score 0 IronmanTT's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Austin is a great place to live and has a great college scene ... and lots and lots of beautiful ladies..

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Austin is cool. I live in Houston and trek up there once in awhile, definitely nice with the hill country and all that. Good partying as well.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I say move where you feel at home. Sometimes a scene change is all you need rather than a new world. You seem to like talking about LA and O.C, so maybe that makes sense. I know for me I feel at home where there is snow and hills...which we have here in CT, but I plan on moving to Vermont as I feel more at home when I go there (or the netherlands/finland if I can convince the lady :P).

I have a friend who just moved to austin and loves it though. I've heard good things about that city, but its not my cup of tea.

Not A DSM verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Polygon's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    I couldn't live in California, mostly for political reasons. Not to mention that California hates the internal combustion engine. I been to Austin once and it was a cool place. I worked in Boulder for quite a while. It's an interesting place to say the least.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'd vote Austin, and I'm a Sooner out of those places for 1 reason: Formula1 will be there for a decade starting in 2012... I'd love to be able to go out to the hill country and watch an F1 race, and I will. Btw, since I mentioned Austin as where you should go, can i crash on your floor one friday. lol.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 DrkZide's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x2percentmilk View Post
    I say move where you feel at home. Sometimes a scene change is all you need rather than a new world. You seem to like talking about LA and O.C, so maybe that makes sense. I know for me I feel at home where there is snow and hills...which we have here in CT, but I plan on moving to Vermont as I feel more at home when I go there (or the netherlands/finland if I can convince the lady :P).

I have a friend who just moved to austin and loves it though. I've heard good things about that city, but its not my cup of tea.
    That makes sense. The only thing I don't like about it is the obvious hatred of cars they have and there's no snow. I love snow, my truck will be useless in Cali since it's modified for cold weather recovery lol

Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    TX....it's emptier without Jan and Duttch, now.

Go Lobos! Feedback Score 0 Stealthdriver's Avatar
    Owner Since
    1999-2009

Thanks
    I visit both places for vacations often. Do it at least 4-5 times per year. I love partying in LA more, but Id rather live in Austin. LA is just so damn expensive.
    1993 Stealth R/T (sold)
    1991 Stealth R/T Turbo (sold)
    1995 3000GT (sold)
    2002 911 Turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast