Quote Originally Posted by DrkZide View Post
Well aside from the inconveniences in life and politics. How is California? The weather? The people? Being in the Army taught be not to be so materialistic. I'm more into enjoying life rather than busting my ass to buy something years down the line. I'm happy living in a trailer and spending my days on the beach as long as my car has a garage. Beautiful scenery and beautiful women and a good education.

Now having said that. What do you guys think?
Since you said this, then I'll recommend Austin. Austin is a town divided into 3 types of people, the haves, the have nots, and the broke ass college students. The haves have all the good housing in good neighborhoods, while the other two groups fight it out over renting crappy apartments and houses. If you don't care that you can't afford a really nice house or what not, Austin has a ton of fun things to do and great nightlife.

However, if you prefer a slightly older crowd to hang with, then Dallas (Uptown area) would be a great place to rent as well. I would argue there is even more to do in Dallas, not to mention if you're a sports fan, Austin has no sports teams while Dallas has like 5. Or you could look at Addison, very similar to Uptown, in a northern suburb of Dallas. Tons of bars and hot women.