Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2013 Grill and Chill

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Fall 2013 Grill and Chill

This section of the forums needs a bit more goin on.

As we discussed at BRG, we need to start working out dates and plans for the Fall GnC. Current ideas that have been tossed out: Doing it on a weekend when TN has an away game, doing it in late October to do the Dragon for our morning cruise, potentially doing a keg again (since it seemed like it worked out well last time), etc. So throw our dates and ideas and let's get the ball rolling.

Okay: So, now that I've had some sleep (and much needed coffee), I've edited this post to address the confusion in it and make amendments. We will, after GNC make posts and consolidate the information from the various forums. I'm only on 3SI and 3SGTO as well as our new Tn3S facebook group, so it'll be up to you guys to reach out to others on various other pages.

Fall GnC Plans:
    When: To be determined (in this thread)
    Where: Paul's House/Devil's Triangle
    Why: Cause ain't no party like a Tn3S party.
    Things to be determined between now and then: Date? Keg again? Food plans? Should we adopt those poor Ky3S folks? Do gingers really have souls, and if not are they still allowed to be part of TN3S?

Things to be discussed at the GnC (and therefore you should be thinking about now):
    1) Doing monthly/bimonthly meets for cruises such as the Snake (Tricities area), the Ocoee River Run (SE TN), Happy Valley (Foothills parkway near the Dragon IIRC), and of course The Dragon (sometime during late fall to early spring when it's not as busy) and the Triangle (although we already do that for the GnC). Not familiar with Middle TN at all, so that'd be up to them to find roads out there if they want to try to get us that way.
    2) Trying to get people from Western NC (Asheville area), southern VA (tricities and such), NW GA and NE Bama to join us to increase the size of the meets and get to know more people.
    3) New logo. While Coop has printed the TN3S stickers, he has admitted we are looking for something different. We are thinking about also giving team member numbers. Lastly, we are looking to make a banner similar to GA3S, as well as shirts (or hoodies or whatever). So whatever you come up with should be applicable to all of those. I'll try to get info from him on what the requirements are as far as size and level of detail. For the stickers at least, you don't want a LOT of small parts because it makes it difficult to apply them. We may do a couple different logos, a simpler one for the stickers and a more stylized one for the banner and shirts and such. Since we don't have a plan for assigning numbers or anything yet, try to think up ideas. Idea was also floated to maybe put member names or nicknames on the back of the shirt, perhaps we could just rip off the Volunteers color scheme and style? :P
    tl;dr of 3) Logo design. Stickers yes or no? Banner yes or no? Shirts yes or no? Colors?
    4) Ways to get more 3S owners in TN involved
    5) Uses for a Tn3S Facebook group? (I started one for us) I think probably easier to get people started on there than it is to get them to jump into using the forums personally. Should we have our own webpage/forum rather than having to bounce between multiple areas to get the info, or do we use the FB group as a consolidation point for information and plans?
    6) Get cards or something printed to stick on the windshield of 3S cars in parking lots to get them to join in the madness?

If anybody brings up any other thoughts in the threads, I'll add them to this list.
    Last edited by sergechronos; 09-09-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Editing for clarity
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    What do you think about Nov 8th?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I personally doubt I will go out and run the dragon again, but idk. It's fun and all but there is too much traffic and my car isn't running how it needs to for me to drive it how I want to.
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    I personally doubt I will go out and run the dragon again, but idk. It's fun and all but there is too much traffic and my car isn't running how it needs to for me to drive it how I want to.
    We won't be doing that at GNC, just not enough time. Devils Triangle would be the run, although Brian is talking about getting together for day meets more often and hitting some other runs.

I assume you made it home fine, BTW I need to talk to you about what I was telling you when we left the waffle house. (my son) lol, I'm mad but I can't blame him.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah, sorry. Brain (and my post) are all jumbled up because I was trying to sort through a million things upon getting home but wanted to get this up. I'll edit my post later for clarity. In short: Sean and I discussed doing regular monthly or bimonthly meets at various locations such as the Dragon during the offseason (late October-March) when visibility is better because the trees have no leaves, and there is not as much traffic. Whether we would just rent out one big cabin and all crash there or just commute, don't know yet. Same deal with The Snake (Up by Bristol) which would be a bit of a haul for a true GnC, but would probably work for similar to how we did BRG: We go and drive it a couple times, stop for lunch/dinner then either go our separate ways or carry on the party if there's interest.

Summation of pertinent information for the actual GNC stuff: Date/time, other potential runs in the area we may want to do, create a logo for stickers shirts and a banner, Coop mentioned possibly doing member numbers for the team stickers to make them a bit more personal than just TN3S. We could then also get those put onto shirts with nicknames or similar. Could also be used for patches and shit of places that we've gone, or events that we've done where we've repped the TN3S group. A lot of this is stuff to discuss AT the GNC, but we want to get people thinking about now to come up with plans and ideas beforehand.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sergechronos View Post
    Coop mentioned possibly doing member numbers for the team stickers to make them a bit more personal than just TN3S. We could then also get those put onto shirts with nicknames or similar. Could also be used for patches and shit of places that we've gone, or events that we've done where we've repped the TN3S group. A lot of this is stuff to discuss AT the GNC, but we want to get people thinking about now to come up with plans and ideas beforehand.
    I like this idea (I call 69) since KY is honorary TN we might need to think about just combining.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Somehow I find myself remarkably unsurprised. Would that make Nathan the number 0 since gingers don't count as people?

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We are going to become the mini STL crew lol

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've edited the post to hopefully make it more clear.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Even if I don't have a soul, and you all don't allow me to join (your loss and you know it!) at least my car runs and drives, so HA! to you TN3S nerds!