Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i take back everything i've ever said nice about gt-pro

Eurospec Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have 18x9 GT-C's on my 2nd gen, fits like a glove. Are you SURE you got the face2 version? I do not know if face1 fits as I have never tried, but I have absolutely no clearance issues with mine.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BjornRune View Post
    I have 18x9 GT-C's on my 2nd gen, fits like a glove. Are you SURE you got the face2 version? I do not know if face1 fits as I have never tried, but I have absolutely no clearance issues with mine.
    i'd go out & get a pic right now, but i'm a lazy MF. it says right on the OEM factory sticker that it's face 2. serious as a heart attack.

i don't know if there's anything different about eurospec on the brakes. gt-c's should have ONLY two types of spokes (face 1; face 2). face 1 should have an identical spoke fit, regardless of rim width; the same applies for face 2. i didn't quite understand this when i ordered them; which is why i went with 24mm offset, even though i probably could have gotten by with 32mm or so. either way, the spoke-fit should be identical, the difference being how close it comes to the strut perch.

now if YOU know something i don't then please enlighten me. i would LOVE to have a set which clears with plenty of space. currently, i don't think i could fit three sheets of paper between the spokes and the brakes...and that's AFTER the fronts were shaved.
    Last edited by IPD; 10-16-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 JasonY's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You may have gotten face 2 but the GTC's have so many different pad heights available that my have thrown yours off. Jay had to run a 5mm spacer up front with +42mm to clear his brakes on 9" wide face 2's up front.

You wouldnt have much trouble fitting wheels if you didnt like them 2" out of the fender and wanting to run 285 tires on your car. Find a nice 9" wide wheel with a 40mm-ish offset and run a 255/40 or 275(little wide for a 9" wheel imo, not as crisp on turn in) and enjoy.

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    and by "pad height" i'm assuming you're referring to the thickness of the center hub? i don't have any clue that these were different, or were available in different thicknesses. if that's so, then GT-PRO is just THAT much more incompetent--as they COULD have ordered me ones which would have fit over the stock tt brakes. i'm currently running 7/16" spacers up front, and that's AFTER i shaved the calipers.

i'm not attached to the rubber sticking out of the fender; i'm attached to having WIDE tires & a huge lip. if i'd known that i'd end up with this spacing issue for my rims, i would have probably gone with 45mm offset some HUGE bolt extensions, and some massive spacers. at least that way, i'd have more rubber under the well, where i have PLENTY of room now (probably another 1.5--2" of clearance behind my fronts to the coilover tube).

dude with the c-ultras i was interested in never wrote back, so i'm stuck with these for now. they're nice rims; i just wish i had bbk's on there so there wouldn't be clearance issues.

Eurospec Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you want I can measure my "pad height" tomorrow (or any other measurement if you want) as I'm doing some maintenance and need to remove the front wheels.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i'm not really sure what should be measured. is pad height the thickness the spoke hub extends inward?

Talk is cheap. verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) VR-4ever's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
    You may have gotten face 2 but the GTC's have so many different pad heights available that my have thrown yours off. Jay had to run a 5mm spacer up front with +42mm to clear his brakes on 9" wide face 2's up front.
    3mm, Face 1, pad A up front.

To clear the suspension, not the brakes. StopTech sits slightly inboard of stock caliper.
    1994 VR-4, Caracas Red
    1994 VR-4, GT Silver
    www.3000GTStealthSolutions.com

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Amphiron's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Will they fit on a 2g na? I'll trade ya brakes :P

Talk is cheap. verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) VR-4ever's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    AFAIK, The StopTech/Supercar Engineering four wheel brake kit I have for sale only fits turbo cars.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VR-4ever View Post
    3mm, Face 1, pad A up front.

To clear the suspension, not the brakes. StopTech sits slightly inboard of stock caliper.
    i still dont' understand how all of you guys have managed to make it work with the stock 2g brakes; especially with the face 1. FML.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12