Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vick interview with former coach Jim Mora

Pearl White BPU $$$ Pit Feedback Score 0 mike92stealthtt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Mike Vick interview with former coach Jim Mora

I'm a huge Eagles fan and welcomed Vick with open arms last year. I still thought he might be conning people but didn't care that much because he would be a great asset to our football team. After the time he has spent here and this interview I may be changing my mind on whether Vick has truly changed as a person.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._headlines2col

Do you guys buy Vick as being sincere or do you think he's just saying the right things? I don't condone what he has done in the past but I believe he has payed his dues and deserves a 2nd chance.
    Last edited by mike92stealthtt; 10-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I'll click the link later, but I will offer my opinion on Vick for the time being.

I have been a Vick fan since his days at Va Tech. Even though he was on an arch rival team I still rooted for him as a player. What he did was wrong, but he didn't hurt people, so its not as bad as some make it out to be. He was sentenced, he served his time, hes allowed to reenter the workforce.

As far as changing, I do beleive he has changed. He knows his carreer depends on that change to be made.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Screw Vick. I believe he did his service of time but I have a severe hate for those that support/perform animal cruelty. I've said it before, he could drive his car into a deep river and I wouldn't break stride.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Animals are not humans and should not be held on the same level as humans.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Agreed.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    He served his time and should be allowed to play. As far as a person I really don't think he has changed much but realizes he can't keep doing stupid shit and play football. I don't really care for the guy but I love to watch him play. I thought he was the smart one of the family but I'm not so sure anymore. His brother could have been something but screwed himself. Stomping on a defenders hand on national television is pretty damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Pearl White BPU $$$ Pit Feedback Score 0 mike92stealthtt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yes he did serve his time and lost tens of millions of dollars. The thing that I was still skeptical of was whether he was truly sorry and actually changed or if he was just saying the right things. I truly believe that he is a changed man.

Also as far as animal rights go, I believe they have none, but our humanity is weakened when we treat animals in cruel ways, especially when it not done for food. However some cultures value certain animals over others, but since the American culture values dogs over any other animals it made the crime look worse than to did to people like Vick who were brought up in their youth to use dogs in fights. For example, the way we treat cows in the West would be illegal in India.

As far as Mke Vick the football player, he has never been better in his career and I feel bad for opposing defenses.

Thermal Engineer- Mmbr Since:8/2005 verified Feedback Score 0 Alex3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    6/2005

Thanks
    People will say anything to get their million dollar paycheck back.

'92 3000GT Base ATX converted to MTX - Parted Out
    '91 Stealth ES MTX - Fastest NA FWD at NG11 Drags - SOLD
    '91 Stealth RT/TT Check out my blog
    '10 Jetta TDI MTX - 6 speed: 50MPG Highway
    Rest In Peace, My Brother SGT. R. Evans Taylor: Apr 23 '83 - Oct 14 '11

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3000gt View Post
    People will say anything to get their million dollar paycheck back.
    Werd. He's a thug. Sooner or later life will catch up and he'll end up 6' under at a young age like the rest of em'.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Telionis's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    I hereby promote you to the rank of OF-2, congratulations, Major Obvious!!!

If he had electrocuted, drowned and beaten to death half a dozen people he would have been executed, become so infamous that his name would be as well known as Dahmer's, and then Lifetime would make a TV movie about his life starring Aldis Hodge (Leverage FTW). Instead he got a whole 21 months imprisonment, and most of that was due to the Federal "interstate commerce" charges.

Has anyone challenged the aforementioned sentiment in a manner that made you feel obligated to post this seemingly undisputed statement? Also, do you have any Grey Poupon?

I think you'll be hard pressed to find any human that thinks that other animals are of equal "worth" as humans; but this does not mean that they have no worth. We Hokie fans owe him a lot, but what he did was unconscionably cruel and disgusting; IMHO he deserved much more than 21 months. That being said, if society decided he has paid his debt, let him play ball.

As for being sincerely reformed? With regards to knowing better than to do something stupid to destroy his career, certainly. I doubt he'll let himself get in that much trouble again. As for caring about animals, I doubt it very much. Nobody changes so drastically. I remember reading that some animal group did a post prison interview with him and gave him a quiz to determine his empathy towards animals. He did well, but his results were supposedly indicative of someone who was just trying to say the right things.

It really doesn't matter though. As long as he doesn't break the law again, who cares what he thinks?

Side note. What pisses me off is how famous and wealthy MV1 (and other thug players) became, while Bryan Randall remains in the minor leagues. Vick is a thug, and a brawler, with admittedly great talent. Randall had 95% of that running talent, seemed more accurate in the pass, and was in graduate school when he took us to the Sugar Bowl. (He got a Master's in Sociology before leaving VT). He also spent all his summers in LA with some program that gets famous college athletes to meet kids and convince them to stay in school and away from drugs, etc. Isn't it a great society we live in where an extra 5% skill is far more important that someone's character and responsibility...
    Last edited by Telionis; 10-04-2010 at 02:19 AM.

I support the "Gay Jihad" against Rick Santorum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast