Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: OpenPort 2.0 + Chrome logging without laptop

  1. #31
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    IPW is influenced by injector scaling, but the reporting of it should not be. Whether you have 1000cc injectors or 550s the logger should still see 2 ms or whatever the ecu is commanding and not need to scale it.
    That's what I said...

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  2. #32
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg E View Post
    That's what I said...
    So why do request 2B and 29 give different IPW between Evoscan v2.9 and Standalone Tacrix 2.0 (they both call for x * 0.256 )? What the heck am I doing wrong?

    Is it possible the request ID's are not actually the same?

    Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

  3. #33
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    So why do request 2B and 29 give different IPW between Evoscan v2.9 and Standalone Tacrix 2.0 (they both call for x * 0.256 )? What the heck am I doing wrong?

    Is it possible the request ID's are not actually the same?
    Okay I see where the confusion is coming from. Request 2B is the Front bank IPW and 29 is the Rear bank IPW.

    Now, the way my EVOScan file is reading IDC is its reading the request 21 which is RPM but it's in hex. So EVOScan is doing all the math at once where Matt is just having the logger do the calculation using RPM and IPW instead of reading the request off the ECU and converting it.

    That *shouldn't* make any difference though....


    Try replace the 2 definitions in the logcfg file with this:

    Code:
    ;paramname=F_InjDutyCycle
    ;paramid=0x21
    ;scalingrpn=x,31.25,*,F_InjPulseWidth,*,1200,/
    ; Requires F_InjPulseWidth params to be logged above
    
    ;paramname=R_InjDutyCycle
    ;paramid=0x21
    ;scalingrpn=x,31.25,*,R_InjPulseWidth,*,1200,/
    ; Requires R_InjPulseWidth params to be logged above

  4. #34
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    Yes I know that the IDC calculations differ between you and Matt.

    The issue is not the IDC calculation, it is the IPW. Again in Evoscan request 2B gives 1.5-1.8ms for IPW while Matts gives 7ms for the same request 2B.

    The only thing different I can think of is the injector scaling for Evoscan logging. I have 600 in there.

  5. #35
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    Yes I know that the IDC calculations differ between you and Matt.

    The issue is not the IDC calculation, it is the IPW. Again in Evoscan request 2B gives 1.5-1.8ms for IPW while Matts gives 7ms for the same request 2B.

    The only thing different I can think of is the injector scaling for Evoscan logging. I have 600 in there.
    Oh you're talking about that input in the upper right corner. That can be disregarded. Back in the day, the EVO guys used that to calculate engine load. It's not used in the IPW calculations anywhere. I might have told people otherwise years ago but that was wrong.

    I have no idea why you'd be seeing 2 different values...
    Last edited by Greg E; 01-09-2014 at 05:02 PM.

  6. #36
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    Spent some time on OpenEcu.org and couldn't find a thing on it. Is this a question for Colby??

    Also logged the car with both methods and again confirmed the IPW request yields different results just like I wrote. Looks like I have to use the netbook method to get good data. That won't be bad if I can figure out how to display the WB scaled on a gauge widget

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering