Thread: What's Going On in TN

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) sergechronos's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What's Going On in TN

This should be a semi-all encompassing thread for us to post up what we're doing lately (as well as if guys need to borrow/trade parts) in case people want to help or keep up to date, as well as share information about shows, meets, cruises, and when we may be headed to the other side of the state, or other states near by.

For me, redoing the timing today and going to try to get the gaskets on the turbo oil return line replaced and put back together.

This would be the new timing tensioner tool I got off of Amazon. I think it was 20-25 bucks? After trying to use the small ratchet piece (which the pins came out of) and getting frustrated with it, I liked the idea of just using this style instead especially with the welding for the pins to help ensure that they won't come loose.

The motor as she sits now. Needs serious cleaning on the front valve cover due to greasy hands and stuff. Glad I left the pipes and stuff on while I was gone, dirt dobbers got into the bolt holes on the front valve cover where the spark plug cover would go (if I had one). So at least I don't have the pipes full up of nests. I will probably pull them out and spray them out anyhow to be on the safe side.

This is how the car is sitting now. Needs to be washed (and repainted eventually) to get all the saw dust off of it due to the boring bees. Despite unplugging the drain lines, I still have a water leak around the rear hatch. Given that it leaks, plus the paint in the ass of trying to patch the holes from where the banana wing spoiler was, the shitty tint and what not, I think I will just end up replacing it with a 3k one that doesn't leak rather than trying to replace all the weather stripping and the stuff to try to find the leaks.

How the interior sits. Still have to fix the unlock function for the doors, figure out what is going on with the fuse box (figured out that's what keeps happening to the #8 fuse or whatever for the battery function), and reinstall panels and such. Not wild about a single DIN radio and pocket, would prefer a double din with a GPS and other nice creature comforts, but it'll do for now at least and be a much more pleasant driving accompaniment as opposed to the whine of a wally 255.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Thanks to you I never get self conscious about my garage being a mess. lol

What steering wheel is that?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) sergechronos's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    lol Glad to help Paul that's what I'm here for. Unfortunately, I have had essentially half a garage to do a complete rebuild of the engine and tear down of the front end, so it's quite a mess since I have no way to get most of the larger trash out until the car is running. What I really should've done when the car was half assed running with the skipped tooth and before I pulled the turbos and shit off was to put the suspension back on and back it out so I could clean up the garage.

Steering wheel and airbag is out of a 3g Eclipse. I have the air bag stuff disconencted for now because I don't like the looks of the airbag. I will eventually replace the wheel with one that has the radio controls built in. I can use a 2g Eclipse cruise stalk to reenable Cruise Control, just don't want to spend the money now. It's *slightly* smaller than the 1g wheel, but more importantly it's got much more padding on it, updates the look a bit, and replaces the old worn out leather on my 1g..Heck, leather was so bad on my 1g that every time I touched the wheel I ended up with black debris and shit sticking to my hands. There's no padding or leather left on the top of it. Once I wrap up this rebuild I'll head up there to bring back the Tactrix and take you for a ride with the 13Ts. Which, with our luck, will implode and we will have to use the Big Red Rover to drag it back.

As an added not-fun fact for today: Just realized I'm either going to have to reinstall all the front turbo stuff, or hook the engine hoist brackets back up to hook the hoist back up to the car to get the driver side mount off to pull off the timing cover and reset the timing. Also: Freaking water pump pulley has rust all over from sitting. No bueno.
    Last edited by sergechronos; 07-30-2013 at 12:20 PM.