Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Dodge Stealth TT 25k original miles - To mod or not?

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_CA View Post
    I thought about modifying my 96 Stealth TT many times for the past 2 years but just decided to leave well enough alone. I've restored the interior and performed all of the vital maintenance that was due- but i've pretty much left it alone. I do plan on perhaps adding lowering springs just to give it a better, more aggressive stance but that can easily be undone if i ever sell it and the buyers prefers a stock car.

JJ
    I'm not going to sell it. I did that mistake ones

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
    Just something to think about.

Keep all your stock parts; that way if, for whatever reason, you want to return it back to stock condition you can...

I made a mistake and sold some parts off the 94, and ended paying more to return it back to stock condition.

A low mileage stock car will always bring more money than a low mileage modified car.
    Thanks. YES I'm Keeping all the stock parts

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Going from the question of "if" you should mod it to DR750 is a huge leap! Jason's list is spot on from what you have said. Stepping up to the 750s is a huge leap and about 6k to 8k more.

I am looking at the DR750s, but still need a bit of a push in the logic direction as to 19Ts being half the price. You will see a very noticeable performance difference just in that list. Both in power and handling...
    Money is not a problem and building It right the first time is my goal

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    How much maintenance / restoration does it need? Because each item that needs replacing / refreshing is usually a great opportunity to install something better.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    BPU and call it good.

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Personally, the DR750s would break away from the 'keep it stock theme'. I know they bolt on, I know you don't HAVE to push them hard, but if you're dropping that kind of cheddar on turbos you're going to want to push them.

If you must get new turbos, 13Gs/13Ts would be your best bet but personally, having done the modded bit and now reverting back towards a stockish car, I'd stay stock, especially on a low mile beauty like that. Do the few things that you'd like in order to 'make it yours'. Tint the windows, maybe a set of Tein S. Tech springs, a K&N, a downpipe, these are all easily undone in the future. But when you start getting into front mounts, turbos, fuel controllers, loud ass catback, etc. the car won't be the same again.

The Z15A is the lightest AWD 3S, people have gone pretty quick on them in relatively stock trim, I think some basic mods and just enjoying it will leave you far happier in the end. Just my .02 after going the modded route, hating it, and now going back and loving it.

Good luck.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyM For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would have to agree, there would be no point to slapping on a pair of DR750's without any other supporting mods, you wouldnt be able to use the turbos anywhere near what they are made for. So far JasonY's list is right on par with better perfomance, but a very comfortable car you can hop in start right up and just drive.

-Austin@STM

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

I would agree with staying away from the turbo mods. I enjoyed my '95 R/T TT in BPU trim for many years. Very reliable and comfortable while still noticeably quicker than stock. I did lowering springs, more agressive pads, cryo rotors, ACT 3100 lb street disk clutch, K&N FIPK, no cats, cat back exhaust, boost controller and window tint. Loved the car set up that way.

I modded mine right after I bought it with 19K on the odo. That was back in 1998 Still have it, but it is now a gutted track car.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oskar For This Useful Post:

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    I would keep it bone stock. Replace all the ugly parts and old parts with new stock parts. Keep that thing a collectors item as it should be intended.You can always buy another one and park it in the street to modify for a lot less cheaper but finding a car like that is very rare.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Anyone who thinks these cars will ever be collectors items is kidding themselves. While you can keep your car as immaculate as possible, its foolish to think these things are going to make anyone money by letting it sit in a garage. If you are like me and let yours sit in a garage due paranoia of something happening to the car, so be it.

These cars are mind numbingly boring stock, have poor brakes and a poor suspension and insufficient intercooling for hard use. Which gets me back to my original information. Address the weak points of the car without really altering "what" the car is, only making it a whoooooooole lot better with a few simple mods. Are the Brembo brakes cheap? hell no, will i ever drive one of these cars w/o a BBK, unlikely willingly, if you have the means, its one of the best upgrades you can do. So on and so forth.....

Jason
    Last edited by JasonY; 10-04-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's