Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opened up my gearbox after hardcore road racing on 800ft/lb tq engine.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looks too good/expensive for anyone on 3si to buy lol (truth hurts)
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    I can build for $150 each. Not that expensive. Good insurance and a nice functional bling item.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The transfer case mod is ths best idea I've seen for a long while!.

For the roll pins, can't you dot punch 4 times around the fork after install to stop them backing out?.
    GTO-TT, PTE 1200's, M20, Emanage Ultimate, OS Geiken R3C,
    TD04-16g`s, Maf-t. 13g`s 12.4@115mph / 16g`s 12.5@117mph.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    …and so I designed this remote expansion setup for our applications, however, it's universal for any differential, transmission, and t-case breather setup on any vehicle . I had some push-lock brake line fittings custom machined and tapered to bolt directly into the t-case and tranny without drilling either. What do you guys think?

Here’s what my surge tank design looks like. It's a 2" diameter cylinder with two baffled chambers in the shape of an inverted "U". One side has an overflow drain, the other side divided by an internal baffle is the expansion entrance. The one depicted has push-lock brake/oil/gas/gear oil rated hose. The lines were pressure tested to 100psi at a temperature of 300 degrees. At the pinnacle there’s a single gold anodized mesh and carbonized breather.

That’s my final drivetrain and gearbox fix… Any interest in this item for retail?

These look familiar! Pretty cool. You don't need one for the tranny though, just a good filter on the end will do it.

Catch cans are always a hard sell buddy. Those that can will build their own. Those that can't don't know why they need them. :P
    www.stickyvinylgraphics.com
    Custom Stickers & Graphics

www.chumpcar.com
    Regional Series Promoter for the ChumpCar World Series

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I can build for $150 each. Not that expensive. Good insurance and a nice functional bling item.
    Would be something added to my list long term to pick up whenever I get my transmission beefed up/rebuilt. Very good idea (and definitely nice bling)
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Spalsbury View Post
    These look familiar! Pretty cool. You don't need one for the tranny though, just a good filter on the end will do it.
    Stock transmission has a plastic battle underneath the check valve. When the plastic gets hot the baffle falls out and the tranny breather system is left without a windage tray to capture the oil vapor. The vapor climbs up the check valve and clogs the little one millimeter hole and prevent the transmission from breathing and it blows the seals.

I'll post up some pictures of the windage tray/baffle and the condition of the vents. Any breather that's installed right there on the transmission will eventually become clogged when a filter gets saturated with oil. The clutch vents are in close proximity to the breather cap. I'm thinking and oil soaked filter and fine brake dust is a recipe for a clogged breather. You have to check it out bro, it's pretty slick!

Stock transmission has a plastic battle underneath the check valve. When the plastic gets hot the baffle falls out and the tranny breather system is left without a windage tray to capture the oil vapor. The vapor climbs up the check valve and clogs the little one millimeter hole and prevent the transmission from breathing and it blows the seals.

I'll post up some pictures of the windage tray/baffle and the condition of the vents. Any breather that's installed right there on the transmission will eventually become clogged when a filter gets saturated with oil. The clutch vents are in close proximity to the breather cap. I'm thinking and oil soaked filter and fine brake dust is a recipe for a clogged breather. You have to check it out bro, it's pretty slick!
    Wow, really? Mine has basically a metal tube that had a black plastic cap on the top of a steel tube that looks to be press fit in the housing. I pull the cap off and ran a hose up to a basic fuel filter that I cut the top off of. I think you've seen it.
    Looks like this little gem.
    http://www.arkansas-ope.com/GPS_0F0106_FUEL_FILTER.jpg

I filled the tranny with it once, took forever too. haha

I'd really like to see yours, you have the 6 speed?

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    It probably took forever to fill because you still have a windage tray or partial windage tray in the transmission itself. The orfice is only like a millimeter. Its severely undersized for high-speed high heat application. It's definitely a breather restriction. How long did it take to fill your transmission up with gear oil through that little 1mm hole with the stock baffle installed, haha?

It probably took forever to fill because you still have a windage tray or partial windage tray in the transmission itself. The orfice is only like a millimeter. Its severely undersized for high-speed high heat application. It's definitely a breather restriction. How long did it take to fill your transmission up with gear oil through that little 1mm hole with the stock baffle installed, haha?
    It wasn't that bad, 15 minutes I'd guess? Whatever it's doing it's got to be enough or we'd see seepage coming from the CV's and output shaft.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Id be interested in a can for the TC if it would be possible to refill the TC from not under the car lol.
    93 Stealth ES - 3000GT conversion,AWD conversion, ACPT 1 piece CFDS, Operable AA wing, 99 rear garnish, R/T sails, ABS delete, SS Clutch line, SS braided brake lines, Vac clutch assist, 2G TT brakes all around, Kyb Gr-2 shocks, Megan Springs up front Tein S tech's in the rear, Cusco rear strut bar, Ebay front strut bar, TT cat back exhaust , K&N cone filter, Poly motor mounts, Poly front suspension bushings, and poly rear diff bushings.