Thread: Just put 200 miles on my new engine.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks

Just put 200 miles on my new engine.

Well I went on another copper washer hunt today just to see if I could at least find 2 10mm washers to get the turbo oil leak fixed. I found some SAE ones that were close enough. I put them on, fired it up, no leak. I let it go through the warm up, shut it off, let it sit for about 5 mins, changed the oil, fired it up and went driving. There was no metal in the oil at all, just oil and lubriplate.

The oil cooler lines are leaking, but BARELY. So I just couldn't wait and drove it around town for a bit. Then I went and got my dog and put another 110 miles on it with him in the car.
    This will all be fixed soon courtesy of STM. Thanks again!!

Within the first 5 minutes of having it out on the road, I had already been asked what the top speed was. This car has sat for a year, looks like shit, but it obviously sounds great. I got complemented on 3 different occasions tonight alone! I miss that shit!

There is even a noticeable difference going from 8:1 to 8.5:1 The throttle is much touchier, and cruising takes no effort what so ever. Tomorrow I am going to be going around logging on it all day. I just wanted to have my time with my baby for the first time in a year. It was awesome.

Edit: Here is the facebook photo album. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1534110019

Had a cracked piston, this is what caused the rebuild obviously.

WOW my garage is dirty!! It was not this dirty for most of it. I think it was only dirty like that for maybe 3 days or so.