Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R/C Planes, Helis, Cars, Boats, etc..

R/C Planes, Helis, Cars, Boats, etc..

Any other R/C junkies out there? I fly "giant scale" 40% R/C aerobatic planes. Cars a hobby for me; planes are a passion.

A few videos:

www.youtube.com/ap3d

Whatchoo got?

Minnesota 3/S
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My buddy is a manager at a local hobbie town, he is nuts about the stuff. He does carpet racing and is sponsored. I have a cx2 heli and used to own a revo but Im sick of nitro I may get the new E-revo here soon though, cant go wrong no break in time and about 40 minutes of battery life with the lipo batteries.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I don't really have anything fancy, spending all my extra money on school, but I like R/C. I've flown planes, and I own a few cars. My brother has about 5 grand worth of xmods, lol.

I'm looking at a mini e-revo vxl, should be small enough to be easy to store and cart around, but still big enough to bash.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

1994 3000GT Original Owner. verified
    Owner Since
    August 1994

Thanks
    I would never have the patience for this! Love to watch them, though! Have you ever lost one....as it getting out of range?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I would never have the patience for this! Love to watch them, though! Have you ever lost one....as it getting out of range?

Range is well over a mile line-of-sight; you would lose visual contact well before radio contact. The planes I mostly fly are considered "40%" scale, as in 40% the size of the real thing -- wingspan of approx 10". I have totaled one 40% and cost-wise, it's about the equivalent of totalling a 1st gen VR-4/TT...!

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    What's your opinion on ducted fan foamies? I've never flown one, but I'm looking for something to tool around with. I'm certainly not skilled enough for the 3D flight...

A ducted fan plane will have a lifespan measured in seconds in the hands of a novice pilot.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Then I'll start with something more basic. I'd like to say I'm more advanced than a trainer, but it's been a long time since I've flown. Thanks for saving me the cash

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Doc, I would reccomend the GWS Pico or Lite Stik. Great first time flyers and not too much coin to repair. I have been flying for about 15 years now, fixed wing and rotor and 3 boats. I have only owned 1 "car" but cannot place my mind to get another R/C car when I have my 3K to pamper when I get some cashish.

Either way, great vids and hope this thread grows.

Another note, I would be interested in finding that old Lexan Mitsubishi GTO 1/10 scale body.... dont think they are even available but I still check flebay for one all the time.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I race my Mugen MBX5 1/8 scale gas buggy. Ive wanted to get into planes for some time. but never could afford to do it right. My car is enough cash, have around 2500 into this one with the supporting gear.

I also enjoy building large scale r/c boats from scratch. Havnt done one in a while, moving up to real boats..lol

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's