Thread: 3sx refuses to respond to emails regarding return shipping

Never finishes any verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) DrGonzo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Thumbs down 3sx refuses to respond to emails regarding return shipping

So here is the back story on the issue. On Apr 12 I received one of 3sx's Discounted Chrome Radiator covers. They listed it as "cut slightly wrong" and the holes needed to be redrilled. The have it marked down to $65.00 from $129.95. NP I have done this before with their mis-drilled oil pans. Here is the original listing that they had posted when I purchased the radiator cover:

***Very Large Image, will take time to load***
    3SX_Cover.png

I went out to fit it on to find out there was no way this was going to fit. I run a 3sx high capacity radiator that sits much higher than the stock one. I come back in and double check the listing to to see if I over looked anything about it not fitting aftermarket radiators. Nothing was listed in ht Discounted listing and was exactly like it is showed in the image above. I go in to check the original listings for the covers and at the bottom is a note that they only fit the stock radiators! Well someone screwed up when creating the Discounted listing as that information is not on that page.

I sent the below email to 3sx about an hour later:

Apr 12 (6 days ago)

To: 3SX <info@3sx.com>

I received my order today to find out the hard way that it does not work with the high capacity radiator. The 1 off listing does not state that this does not fit the high capacity radiators. I would like to return this item. If the listing had stated that it does not work with this radiator I would not have purchased it. Please contact me about returning the item.

BTW - looking at the support it is not the engine side hole that is not drilled correctly, it is the radiator mount holes that the rubber washers go in that are not drilled out correctly. The mount holes line up right but the radiator mount hole is so far back it will not fit the mount mounts. You may need to update the listing with the complete information

Thanks,
    Greg
    I did not hear anything back from them on Friday so mid-day Saturday I called the shop. I spoke to Jeff and he said that they had received the email but had to wait for the General manager to get back on Monday to make the decision about the part return since it was a discounted item Sold As-Is. That was fine and completely understandable. I am upset though that I had to call to get that information. If Jeff received my email, then he should have responded with the information he told me on the phone. That is just common courtesy in customer service to keep your customers aware and up to date.

On Monday I received the following email from Jeff:

Apr 15 (3 days ago)

Hello Dean,
    As per our conversation on Saturday, we have talked with our General Manager, and he says to go ahead and send this back and include a copy of the invoice and we will refund you the purchase price.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Ok, but the issue is that I am not going to be the one to pay to return this thing. The box they shipped it in is very large and shipping it back is going to be about $12-$15 so if I shipped it back I would be out about $30.00 for their listing mistake. Here is the sixe of the box and a soda can for size reference:

So I sent the following email, Also a little agitated that they could not even get my first name right in the last email:

Apr 15 (3 days ago)

To: info@3sx.com

Jeff,

Please email over a return shipping label as I should not be responsible for the return shipping cost for an item that was listed without a fitment disclosure.

BTW, my first name is Greg, not Dean.

-Greg
    I never heard back from them on the issue and still have not heard back. At this point I am getting a little pissed off. I noticed that they have gone in an updated the listing with the correct fitment issue so someone is obviously correcting their mistakes, they are now just ignoring me in the meantime.

Yesterday Morning I sent this final email out to them:

Apr 17 (1 day ago) 8:23am

To: info@3sx.com

Jeff or whoever this concerns,

This is my last attempt to contact you in regards to this matter. I have not heard anything back from you in 2 days now regarding the return shipping label I requested. I will not be responsible for paying the return shipping costs on an item that was not advertised correctly. I would like a return shipping label emailed out to me by COB today so I can get the radiator support sent back to you tomorrow.

Regards,
    Greg
    Guess what, I never heard back from them! Not really surprised considering the last couple of emails have been ignored.

I know everyone's advise is going to be to call the shop, well I don't have the time to be calling the shop and dealing with this on the phone. I have a job that keeps me very busy during the day. I also have a very large summit conference that my company is hosting next week that I am a speaker at so I have no free time. I spent last night working on this thread and this morning finishing it up.

I also don't like dealing with these issue over the phone as there is no hard record of the conversation, it is all he said /she said. email is hard proof of what has happened. If 3sx employees have issues conversing through email then maybe those individuals should not be dealing with the email portion or customer service.

I just want a return shipping label emailed to me and my original purchase price +original shipping refunded since the item was not disclosed properly in the listing.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Member verified
    Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Greg.

Just saw this post. I do not like the delays in responses to your emails either. This will be addressed on Monday morning, because in my view if it happened to you it can have happened to others. I also wonder why that was shipped in such a huge box

I apologize on behalf of myself and the the 3SX Crew.

Steve

Banned Not Verified Feedback Score 5 (100%) Blackmount's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Mid-April 2011.

Thanks
    Never received my email about my month old downpipe that the flange snapped off of either...that was close too 2 years ago, still have copy of that email. just saying...that was the first time dealing with 3sx, and because of that I try very hard not to do business with them unless i have too. usually resort to Ninja, Ebay, and GZP

Member verified
    Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmount View Post
    Never received my email about my month old downpipe that the flange snapped off of either...that was close too 2 years ago, still have copy of that email. just saying...that was the first time dealing with 3sx, and because of that I try very hard not to do business with them unless i have too. usually resort to Ninja, Ebay, and GZP
    Can you send me a copy of the email to steve@3SX.com so I can check on this Monday morning?

Banned Not Verified Feedback Score 5 (100%) Blackmount's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Mid-April 2011.

Thanks
    sure, doesn't help me now tho.

Member verified
    Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmount View Post
    sure, doesn't help me now tho.
    I understand, but I want to see what it was about and try to get to the bottom of the issue.
    Thanks

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 SUTHNR's Avatar
    Owner Since
    March 1996

Thanks
    Didn't even know this was on this forum too... Was handled on the other forum.

The call tag was issued and it should be picked up in the next couple days.

Thanks,
    EricB

Never finishes any verified
    Feedback Score 8 (100%) DrGonzo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Issue has been resolved.

Steve and Daniel communicated back and forth with me to clear up the issue. Item was shipped back and refund has been received.

Thanks again guys for jumping in and addressing this issues.