Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganador mirrors?

Player Hater of the Year
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Even if you do blow it up, its alot more fun doing it with mods!
    Ive blow three motors in my life, boost controller, NOS and another boost controller.

Learning the hard way is expensive, but it sure is fun!

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Its 2013 and I'm still waiting for someone to bitchslap you.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Its 2013 and I'm still waiting for someone to bitchslap you.
    maybe our glorious leader will get around to it eventually.

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    dang it people, answer the question!

my car came with shaved mirrors and i have been looking for a solid answer for a long time. do the celica mirrors mount up perfectly, cause i have heard you have to do some trimming?
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    dang it people, answer the question!

my car came with shaved mirrors and i have been looking for a solid answer for a long time. do the celica mirrors mount up perfectly, cause i have heard you have to do some trimming?
    you DO have to do some trimming. i bought an aftermarket set of celica mirrors off ebay, and they are not a "perfect" match. it's kinda close...but it will require work.

i actually liked the ones i got, since they had lights for the turn signal & everything. i ended up buying parker's old mirrors & one day i'll get around to having them installed.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    i think at the tender age of 16, you should be focused 100% on making your car run right. you've already said that you don't have enough money for a beater. priority #1 should be to make sure all of the requisite maintenance has been done. if you don't know for a FACT that it has been done: do it. you can drop several grand on just taking care of PM to bring the car up to spec. THAT should be your goal. mirrors, exhaust, bumpers, etc....all of that can wait.

i know you're young and you probably won't listen to a guy who is almost twice as old as you...but trust me. i've been around this community for 10 years. i've seen this happen all the time. it's why there's so many part-out threads: people get in way over their heads because they don't realize what owning one of these cars means. more so than any other platform in existence (this side of 6-figures) owning the car doesn't mean you can afford the car. just because it sells for dirt-cheap doesn't mean it costs pennies to maintain. i guarantee the resale value on these cars would be significantly higher if the maintenance time/cost was trivial.
    coming from a 19 year old, who bought his and it only ran for two weeks after i bought mine, HEED THIS ADVICE. my car has been on stands almost as much as it has been running. but other than that, if your positive your car is mechanically sound, go ahead, have some fun, just be aware that theses cars are notorious for throwing fits. all the best.
    1992 white RT/TT
    1968 mercury Cougar
    2012 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I got drugs and a lapful of cats. life is goodish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook
    "my wife told me to get another vr4, because, ya know, it went so great the first two times"

Forum User
    Owner Since
    December 19th, 2011

Thanks
    It's ok guys I understand the responsibilities a performance car of this stature requires. I don't just rod the hell out of the car in fact I baby it because I care so much about it. Also don't assume I'm belligerent and don't listen to those more experienced than me I've already started to formulate a plan to check all of the parts that require regular maintenance and am going to replace them with high quality parts. I don't half-ass or do things halfway and I'm willing to listen.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i'm glad to hear it. the topic of your first few threads on here was beginning to worry me.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    re-read my post, i edited it. trust me man, is gonna be this way until everyone gets to know you, and the only reason we sound like a broken record, is because we have seen it so many times before, mostly on our own personal cars, and we just dont want you to come to the same fate. thats all, all of us will be screaming "TIMING BELT WATER PUMP AND TENSIONER on a freshly bought car, because that stuff slips though the cracks, and ends up in disaster. we ALL are always excited to see fresh faces around here.

Forum User
    Owner Since
    December 19th, 2011

Thanks
    When I bought the car I made sure the timing belt was fresh and the tensioner was 100% functional with a friend who is an ASE mechanic who worked on stealths when they were new at the dealerships and I have yet to check the water pump and I put fresh oil fresh filter new valve cover gaskets and even a new EVO oil cap to prevent leaks also I have been very conservative with my driving because I don't want to ruin it I want to make sure it's really solid