Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 113

Thread: 16g tt fwd

  1. #91
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    If you end up parting with the 16gs lmk

  2. #92
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Still parting with them

  3. #93
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Ok, sooooooo... It's been a really long time since I updated this thread. I've been working on getting a raise at work, and going through some crazy things the last couple months. So I've only made a little progress here's some pics of where the engine sits nowimage.jpg Installing the new ss valves.
    image.jpg New Brian Crower springs+retainers
    image.jpg Reworked combustion chambers
    image.jpg Heads torqued on to 105ft lbs with new oem head bolts
    image.jpg turbos mocked up. I'm going to have to deal with these little guys till I move in to the new place And can buy some FP Greens. Still need to buy cams and a solid timing belt kit

  4. #94
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    I like the wrinkle red paint. any more pic of the valve cover.

  5. #95
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    those lil guys? haha, those are some nice turbos! although, fp greens have struck my interest as to how well they fit. good to see some progress. +1 on the wrinkle red

  6. #96
    At least my jackstands are reliable Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Rochester Hills, Mi
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 56 Times in 45 Posts
    Such a nice looking engine! Hopefully it will be ready for NG14 and you and R/T93 can caravan to PA, I'm sure he'd like the company lol.

    95 Base 3k: 6G74/TT/AWD conversion

  7. #97
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks! My goal is to have the car running/driving by spring.

  8. #98
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    So I might not be able to get the FP greens right away like I wanted. But, forced performance has a killer deal on mhi td05 20gs. Is anyone running these, and what is the spool time like? If I can make full boost 25-30psi by around 4500rpm, I'll be happy.

  9. #99
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    16gs seem to be a better match for a 3.0 (1.5l each turbo) then 20gs. Look at a 20g compressor map. The pressure ratios needed to make big power on a 1.5l are off the map for a 20g which starts off life with a big high flowing td06 turbine. When you put it on a td05 turbine and then crank up the boost, it isn't in its "happy zone." That's where billet wheels come in though if they are designed to like 30+ psi.

    My suggestion would be to keep the 16gs and crank them up. Chris hill (Nina performance) has made 715awhp on evoIII 16gs with E95, stock heads and cams. Then when you want more, go to something with a billet comp wheel. 68hta, 71hta, FP green, etc.

    Why tq the stock head bolts to 105? My understanding is all they did was stretch.

    Nice looking engine BTW!!!!!!
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  10. #100
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Ya I guess your right, I just needed a second opinion. I didn't know how well of a match 1.5l was for a 20g, I knew it would be a bit off the charts though lol looks like ill max the e3s out first then go from there.
    I went off how Chris installs his head bolts on his builds, torque in sequence up to 105 with factory bolts. The only thing he has that I don't is an o-ringed block, which I hope I won't need for rarely seeing above 30psi

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering