Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 261

Thread: 3.75L Build thread

  1. #41
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    It sure smells rich... The wideband is in a good spot as far as physical placement goes.

    The trims read +12, and they always will until I figure out what to do with my PVC setup
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  2. #42
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    Well the ecu is adding as much fuel as it can. I would disable closed loop and get the aft where it should be, then turn it back on.

    The car is never going to run right with maxed fuel trims. Pcv setup or not you can tune it out.

    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

    Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

  3. #43
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    Also, really lean smells bad too.

    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

  4. #44
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    also, the injector latency seems pretty critical to getting good part throttle drive ability. I have my trims down to .5% and part throttle is like a new car. I have not touched the ve map yet.

    With what you are seeing I certainly would go rich a notch on the maft and go from there. Getting the airflow closer to stock is going to improve everything. Luckily with the evo maf that was just one less variable I had to deal with. Anyone that can should go to that or stock maf to get their injectors dialed in and then switch to the maft.

  5. #45
    Huh? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1901

    Location
    Detroit Area, MI
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    It sure smells rich... The wideband is in a good spot as far as physical placement goes.
    Be more specific. Where is your WB in relation to your NB sensors?

    Also, running pig rich but reporting lean on the WB can be due to a misfire at idle (excess oxygen in exhaust).
    1993 3ooogt vr4
    Big single turbo and every other mod...
    Powered by BorgWarner

  6. #46
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    If the ecu is +12.5 it certainly thinks it is running lean.

  7. #47
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    I know that the ecu is richening my trims because at idle I am drawing in unmetered air. I have not found a good solution for this. I haven't started dumping fuel on idle yet because the car smells very rich at idle already.

    The wideband is about (guesstimating here) 16 inches downstream from the narrowband

    Ill try and play with the base knob. I want to pressure test first

  8. #48
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    And yeah m not gonna dive the car until I pressure test it. I'm not sure how to pressure test my intake plenum half of my blow thru setup, the air will go right out of whatever valve is open. Anyone have an idea on that?


    Pressure testing this set up will be just as easy as stock... Go to home depot and get a couple PVC caps and couplers. Leave one of the caps alone and put an air hose fitting on the other. Remove your air filters and replace them with these caps.
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  9. #49
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Oh, and your Z06 MAF leaks, in 3 spots, and it's a non-trivial matter to seal it. Back in '04, I bought 2 of these MAF's brand new, tried using RTV to seal them (just gooping it on the outside since I didn't want to risk destroying the MAF by taking it apart)... It didn't work. I was stuck at 114-115 mph traps until I put the Z06 MAF in draw through... Instant 120 mph traps.

    The Z06 MAF in draw through was good enough to let me hit ~129 mph traps. Ditching it and the stock intake tubes for an LT1 MAF in blow through (and open turbos) yielded significant power gains.

  10. #50
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    I know how to pressure test the charge pipes... Post maf is what I was saying... The intake plenum half.

    Interesting on the leaky maf. I will look into that while I'm pressure testing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering