So have you started? Sticking with it?
    Stance Game Michael Myers
    19t RT/TT
    04 e60
    @Get_Like_M1ke

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Feel Free to let me know if anyone has any lifting or nutrition advice. I work for a natural bodybuilding and health company (Healthy'N Fit Nutritionals),years ago I got my training certificate, and have done a few natural bodybuilding competitions.. Im no Ronnie Coleman but I can usually help out.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I did P90X for a couple weeks, but I have a lingering back problem from a PT incident that kept me from continuing it. My sister (who is in the Army) did it and actually dropped about 20 pounds by the end of it. It's a good foundation to build stamina and endurance for your entire body before moving on to more focused mass building work outs.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    BTW to Snook : Keep track of how many calories you take in on two normal days, my guess is that like me you already take in 3k in calories without trying. If this is the case the first and formost thing is making sure your protein content is good and balanced throughout the day. At 6'6 even with a skinny frame your body and liver will quickly get used to you taking in more nutrients including protein. Try to get about 180 grams of protein for a week or two (this may help keep digestion standard) then step up to doing at least 200-220 grams of protein averaged out throughout the day. So consistantly eat.
    This is where stuff like pwdered proteins comes in. You are already planning on taking a"gainer" so make the gainer a good one take Anabolic Muscle, Hot Stuff, Pro Complex Gainer or even True Mass. My company makes the Anabolic Muscle and I swear by the stuff and it doen't use splenda (sucralose). But the reason these are better than other gainers is that they have a complex of different proteins in them; whey,egg, and casein variants. Each protein absorbs and digests in the body at different rates they are not all created equal. So Whey and Egg are your heavy hitters as Whey protein variants can start as soon as a few minutes after eating and last for up to ~50 min before fully used. Egg Protein takes about 30 min to start breaking down and lasts 3-4 hours. Casein variants take 3-4 hours to start and last in your system another 2 to 4hours (6-8 hr after consumption)
    Do this for for a month or so and see where you are at. For me, I generally dont gain or loose a noticeable amount anywhere between 3-~4300 calories when I truely set aside the time for building I take in 5-6000 calories a day with lots of protein and stuff to actually absorb and process that amount.. but I GAIN and naturally. Like 2.5lbs a month average which is a LOT if you think about it.
    For reference I am only 180 at 6ft.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've started on p90x to a degree. My friend has a person trainer and he showed me how he got a 6pack so that's where I'm starting. I've also quit candy,junk and soda.
    1992 white RT/TT
    1968 mercury Cougar
    2012 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I got drugs and a lapful of cats. life is goodish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook
    "my wife told me to get another vr4, because, ya know, it went so great the first two times"

// Off the beaten path \\ Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook View Post
    I've started on p90x to a degree. My friend has a person trainer and he showed me how he got a 6pack so that's where I'm starting. I've also quit candy,junk and soda.
    Abs are abs in the kitchen.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted3s View Post
    Abs are abs in the kitchen.
    huh? lol

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook View Post
    huh? lol
    I meant to type abs are MADE in the kitchen lol. Meaning they are all diet. I have never done a single ab exercise. I just eat clean and I have a pretty defined core. Ab work will help, don't get me wrong, but if you are taking in excess calories you can do all the ab work you want and you wont see your abs, not clearly at least.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    whats your diet?

Owner Since

Thanks

Only difference is I don't take the waxy maize anymore, I usually sub almonds for the cashews and walnuts (its just easier and a little cheaper), and I no longer take oxyelite (I instead take 8 ON Thermocuts a day. I will also start cutting back on the carbs next week probably, go into ketosis for 2 weeks and then carb cycle a few days before spring break.